papers for minors?

gregh1620

We will be cruising in July. My children are all bringing friends with them that are under 18. I called Carnival and they said that I don't need any special permission slips. But I don't want to get to the ship and they won't let us on. Are there any forms I could download just to be on the safe side?

My first thought is,,, are there enough adults over 25 to enable your booking to appear as though there will be 1 adult over 25 in each cabin.

Second thought is,,,,, we did this last year. We had signed permission slips from all parents allowing us to take their children out of the country.

third,, we had copies of all medical insurance information to include allowing us to make any and all critical medical decisions if necessary.

I called Carnival and they said that I don't need any special permission slips.
And if you were to call Carnival three more times and speak to three different people, you would receive three totally different responses.

The prior poster has it right.

When I travel out of the country with my children I carry a notarized letter from my husband giving permission for me to take them out of the country. I would do the same if my children were bringing friends.

You will need documents to take them out of the country-- birth certificates for each child.. and a medical release in case something happened to the kids. A notorized letter from both parents stating this.

Go to www.landfalltravel.com/child.pdf make copies for each child and have parents fill out forms and get them notarized. We do this for my step daughter all the time, since her mother is not with her, this way it gives father and I permission to take her out of the country, and have full permission for all medical treatment in case of emergency.

The above link is a affidavit of parental consent for travel and medical treatment of a minor child traveling without one or both parents. I would not leave home with out it.

In the "Welcome Aboard" booklet you receive with your documents, it says:

"If debarking with children in a foreign port, guests must have a notarized affidavit from any absent parent indicating permission to travel with the accompanying adult. In addition to above requirements, all guests 16 years of age or older must provide an official photo ID, and that guest names on travel documents (certified birth certificates, passports, etc.) be identical to those on the cruise tickets."

I also got the same reply when I called Carnival. We are sailing in July with a family friend that is underage. Just in case, I have a notorized letter from the parents stating that we have permission for her to be with us and where we are going and giving us permission to have her treated if a medical problem should arise. I also have her insurance card and certified birth certificate.

Hi, we just returned from the Destiny. We brought our niece with us. We had her parents give us a temporary custody letter for the dates we were traveling. Carnival never asked us for the letter. I believe that if there is a medical emergency the letter will give us the right for treatment. :)

Archived