Sea Trek Helmet Dive Cancelled?!?

cruzn771

Just received notice from Carnival that they've dropped the "Sea Trek Helmet Dive" from their excursions as Costa Maya (we were to be in port 6/13). Anyone know what's up? Is this just a falling out between the tour operator and Carnival, a safety issue, or something else? Being a non-swimmer, was really looking forward to my chance to "dive" :-) If the outfit is still in business and it's not a safety item, I may still pursue it, but I'm coming up empty so far.

Thanks

Usually these get dropped by contract end or dispute. Could be not enough people were signing up for the vendor to make any money (they have to give 50% or more to the cruise line). Island Marketing handles a similar excursion in Cozumel you might google Sea Trek Helmet get the info and contact them to find out if they have anything similar for Costa Maya.

Found out the story from customer support at seasystems.com : the Costa Maya operator is switching to new management. The last day for the current operator is 6/13 (they day we'd be there). Probably a good call not to be there for their last day on the job - not a big motivator to assure a good customer experience. Guess we have a quiet beach day :)

Archived