Vantage World Travel River Cruises?

dongordon

trip insurance with Allianz both 60 years old 8000$ X 6.5 % = 520$ and no hold backs .. Am I wrong ???

We have been loyal to Travelguard after a freak hailstorm at the Newark airport in July 2009 caused us to miss our connecting flight and our Baltic cruise along with three nights precruise in Copenhagen. Travelguard was great especially their helpful staff , however, those prices certainly makes Allianz very tempting.

I've always been advised never to buy trip insurance from the company with whom you are traveling. Suppose something happened to them? Years ago, Renaissance Cruises went out of business with no notice and we know people who were stranded in Europe because they had R insurance.

My TA swears by TravelEx insurance. If you purchase the insurance within 21 days of making your deposit, all pre-existing conditions are covered. You can also increase it later on to cover air or other non-refundable expenses as well. If you cancel or change, you can move the coverage to a new trip.

My 2 cents :p

We have done 2 Vantage river cruises and loved both. . All the staff on the ship have been fabulous, food. Service- everything couldn't have been better, but., I did not feel the Boston office served Us as we'll. we were changed from one ship to another, and did not get cabin assignment until 5 days prior to sailing. We're told that this was the case for all passengers on all or most sailings. Not true as most of you know. So be forceful and persistent(I thought u was!).

I would not recommend using the insurance they offer- if you cancel- you will only get credit for another cruise- no refund in Any case.

also, Be aware- with the flooding,they have been slow to cancel only a few trips.

All that said- I still recommend traveling with them. Good luck!

• 9 months later...

Hello, we are booked on the June 26th French Waterways journey and will arrive in Marseille on the 25th. We are looking at options (train, taxi) for our transfer to Tarascon on the 26th. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.