Majesty outside v outside plus cabins?

We are thinking of booking what would be our first cruise on the Thomson Majesty this summer. We have previously sailed on the Dream, Celebration, Spirit and Destiny several times and always enjoyed our holidays. We normally go for an outside cabin, but are wondering whether it is worth paying the extra for an outside plus cabin, given that the Majesty cabins are somewhat smaller than on the other Thomson ships. Does the extra 'plus' space make much of a difference? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, we have been on Majesty and you definitely need a plus cabin. Either inside or outside. They give you more room than a standard inside and you get a fridge and more wardrobe space and floor space.

Berwyn

Yes, I agree with Berwyn. The standard cabins are very small and only have one wardrobe :eek:

I took some pictures on changeover day. This is a standard cabin

347ze3b.jpg

and this is the outside plus

rjfguo.jpg

Quite a bit wider as you can see :)

Oh thank you both. Your replies and photos are really helpful:) . That has made our minds up - will definitely book an outside 'plus' cabin now. We are thinking of deck 3/4 - does anyone who has previously sailed on the Majesty have any preferences/recommendations for cabins in a quiet area?

We were in 449 and that was an outside plus. I think ours was slightly wider than the picture in this link, as we had two sets of drawers both the same size as the larger one of the two in the outside plus piccie. We were mid ship, very quiet, with fridge, hairdryer, one double wardrobe, one single. Only has one European and one American style socket though. I've tried attaching some piccies, but I'm unable to. In my opinion the standard cabin on the celebration is the same size as the plus size on Majesty. We would book this room again.

Oh thank you both. Your replies and photos are really helpful:) . That has made our minds up - will definitely book an outside 'plus' cabin now. We are thinking of deck 3/4 - does anyone who has previously sailed on the Majesty have any preferences/recommendations for cabins in a quiet area?

Have managed to upload piccies. Hope this helps

Helen

651708551_2013-5-2.5.13-Montenegro-AtlanticSunriseCruise(157).jpg.40035371a16c709489195fe40dd51748.jpg

897810604_2013-5-2.5.13-Montenegro-AtlanticSunriseCruise(154).jpg.4bea60e8821011a403e5ef01059006f8.jpg

1071870672_2013-5-2.5.13-Montenegro-AtlanticSunriseCruise(156).jpg.25dd8437abb60ab6e6517adb571f7524.jpg

We had 426 (see below) nice and quiet and near the lifts. My only problem was the misty window, but I have been told on here that it has been replaced. Can someone confirm that?

Also it is a 4 berth, but the upper beds are tucked away. You could have it as two singles as that gives you a bigger floor area in the middle.

2qbvn1z.jpg

312cx3b.jpg

I don't know if you have seen this deck plan from when it was a Louis ship, it is clearer than the Thomson one :rolleyes::D

http://www.dolphin-hellas.gr/Cruises/Louis-cruises/Ships/cruise-ship-decks-majesty.htm

We had 426 (see below) nice and quiet and near the lifts. My only problem was the misty window, but I have been told on here that it has been replaced. Can someone confirm that?

Also it is a 4 berth, but the upper beds are tucked away. You could have it as two singles as that gives you a bigger floor area in the middle.

2qbvn1z.jpg

312cx3b.jpg

I don't know if you have seen this deck plan from when it was a Louis ship, it is clearer than the Thomson one :rolleyes::D

http://www.dolphin-hellas.gr/Cruises/Louis-cruises/Ships/cruise-ship-decks-majesty.htm

Great deckplans Linda. Thank you. we had our inside plus as 2 singles last time and kept banging into wall when I turned over in bed. Next time I'll have the double and do with less floor space

Berwyn

• 7 months later...
From those photos it looks like the 4 berth is slightly wider (two larger sets of drawers) than the 3 berth. We were in 4040 (as was Berwyn) which was a 4 berth and had the wider drawers. I would agree you need a plus cabin.

The difference in size between the 4 and 3 berth is negligible if only 2 in the cabin. The 3 berth actually seems more spacious IMO because there is only one bunk bed folded up on the wall.

The difference in size between the 4 and 3 berth is negligible if only 2 in the cabin. The 3 berth actually seems more spacious IMO because there is only one bunk bed folded up on the wall.

I agree Jackie, we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the cabin (the large mirror definitely helps!) and one less folded bunk would compensate for it being very slightly narrower.