Resorts that offer day passes?

tarheel04

Hey ScubaGirl, can you give me a list of all the resorts that offer a day pass wheter it be an all-inclusive or just use of pool and beach. We will be in Nassau in the middle of July for the day and have done the day pass at the Sheraton Nassau in the past, and just wanted to look at our options before we decide on the Sheraton again.

Thanks

Hey ScubaGirl, can you give me a list of all the resorts that offer a day pass wheter it be an all-inclusive or just use of pool and beach. We will be in Nassau in the middle of July for the day and have done the day pass at the Sheraton Nassau in the past, and just wanted to look at our options before we decide on the Sheraton again.

Thanks

There's plenty of great info on this board regarding day pass so i'll just give you an overview.

Sheraton Cable Beach- Day pass only $30

Breezes all inclusive - adults only $60

British Colonial Hilton $60 thru island marketing $65 same day $40 food voucher

Sandals - couples only all inclusive - $110

RIU - all inclusive - paradise Island - $75 Island Marketing

Atlantis - Beach pass - $80 no pool no slides

Atlantis - Aquarium pass - no beach no pools no slides

Atlantis AquaPark - No good or drink. $139pp

Paradise Island harbour resort -$50 (not recommended - should be closed for the summer to be renovated.

Scubagirl,

Is Sandals couples only or adults only? I've been assuming that it was adults only so my friend and I were planning to go but if it is couples only I guess that is different.

It's couples only.. but of course, same sex couples are allowed.

Events and entertainment are geared toward couples.

You will be ok at Sandals. It is adults-only and geared towards couples, but sometimes wedding parties go too. Rooms only have king-sized beds but that won't be an issue if you're only there for the day. :)

It's not a party kind of place, though. There aren't a lot of activities going on during the day but the pools and swim-up bars are very nice. Great if you just want to lounge with a good drink.

RIU might be another option for you.

Scubagirl, I know you have answered this before but in my search couldn't seem to pull up anything recent about Atlantis Aqua Passes with the pools and waterpark. I believe it's $139.00 per person regardless of age?

Can you just buy the tickets there? Is there a problem with them being sold out?

Thanks so much!!

Scubagirl, I know you have answered this before but in my search couldn't seem to pull up anything recent about Atlantis Aqua Passes with the pools and waterpark. I believe it's $139.00 per person regardless of age?

Can you just buy the tickets there? Is there a problem with them being sold out?

Thanks so much!!

$139/adults $80 for kids 3-12

You can try and buy them at the front desk, but the number of passes is restricted based on occupancy, events, and # sold by other outlets.

To guarantee entry, either book a room, purchase from the ship, or contact www.majestictoursbahamas.com (they don't advertise, but they have them, same price).

$139/adults $80 for kids 3-12

You can try and buy them at the front desk, but the number of passes is restricted based on occupancy, events, and # sold by other outlets.

To guarantee entry, either book a room, purchase from the ship, or contact www.majestictoursbahamas.com (they don't advertise, but they have them, same price).

Thanks so much Scubagirl. I don't see it offered on the link. This one should go to the excursions they offer am I missing it:

http://www.majestictoursbahamas.com/tours.php#all

Thanks so much Scubagirl. I don't see it offered on the link. This one should go to the excursions they offer am I missing it:

http://www.majestictoursbahamas.com/tours.php#all

No, you are not missing it. Atlantis contract does NOT allow them to advertise. You must contact them via phone or email and ask. They have them.. just not on the website.

Majestic is the oldest tour company in the bahamas and in all the hotels.

No, you are not missing it. Atlantis contract does NOT allow them to advertise. You must contact them via phone or email and ask. They have them.. just not on the website.

Majestic is the oldest tour company in the bahamas and in all the hotels.

Great thank you again!!

There's plenty of great info on this board regarding day pass so i'll just give you an overview.

Sheraton Cable Beach- Day pass only $30

Breezes all inclusive - adults only $60

British Colonial Hilton $60 thru island marketing $65 same day $40 food voucher

Sandals - couples only all inclusive - $110

RIU - all inclusive - paradise Island - $75 Island Marketing

Atlantis - Beach pass - $80 no pool no slides

Atlantis - Aquarium pass - no beach no pools no slides

Atlantis AquaPark - No good or drink. $139pp

Paradise Island harbour resort -$50 (not recommended - should be closed for the summer to be renovated.

Scubagirl,

From reading the Bahamas Message Boards you seem to be the resident expert in Nassau, so I am relying on your input because it seems to be neutral and does not appear to be sloped toward any particular business or resort. Here is my question.

I have tried to read the reviews on TA & CC on the different resorts. It appears that Breezes does not appear to be getting favorable reviews. The reviews point out old and worn out chairs, dirty pools, mediocre food, and dirty facilities in need of a major make over. The reviews for the Sheraton and Hilton point toward rude staff and mediocre activities. Sandals is great but more than what I desire to pay for just a day pass. So you are coming to Nassau for 1 day on a cruise ship. You are looking for an all inclusive for just you and your spouse that offers clean (sanitary) facilities and premises, a nice beach and a decent bar and food. Where would you go??

Thank you for your input,

Dan

Scubagirl,

From reading the Bahamas Message Boards you seem to be the resident expert in Nassau, so I am relying on your input because it seems to be neutral and does not appear to be sloped toward any particular business or resort. Here is my question.

I have tried to read the reviews on TA & CC on the different resorts. It appears that Breezes does not appear to be getting favorable reviews. The reviews point out old and worn out chairs, dirty pools, mediocre food, and dirty facilities in need of a major make over. The reviews for the Sheraton and Hilton point toward rude staff and mediocre activities. Sandals is great but more than what I desire to pay for just a day pass. So you are coming to Nassau for 1 day on a cruise ship. You are looking for an all inclusive for just you and your spouse that offers clean (sanitary) facilities and premises, a nice beach and a decent bar and food. Where would you go??

Thank you for your input,

Dan

I'm not Scubagirrl, but I would suggest RIU. It's all-inclusive, beautiful beach, decent buffet lunch, good drinks. If you book it in advance through Island Marketing, it costs $75 a person.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that TA reviews don't really apply to the day pass experience. You're not dealing with the staff, you're probably not going to be participating in the activities, you don't care what the room looks like. Most people getting a day pass just care about having a chair beside a nice beach or pool and cheaper drinks than the cruise ship. :)

If it helps, we've done day passes at RIU twice, Sandals once and Sheraton once. They are all nice, in different ways. Breezes is still on our list - we'll get there one of these days.

Dan,

From what I am reading, Scubagirrls's personal choice and where she repeatedly stays is the BCH. That should answer your question.

We did not pick the RIU because of location... Cabbage beach is generally not calm enough for swimming with dangerous currents. Look at photos, rarely anyone in the big surf.

The Sheraton was first on our list and we plan to go later this year with a smaller group.

ITA, it seems there are a majority of unfavorable posts for the area in general. I have heard so many cruisers say they're staying on board.

Chris

Dan' date='

We did not pick the RIU because of location... Cabbage beach is generally not calm enough for swimming with dangerous currents. Look at photos, rarely anyone in the big surf.

[/quote']

This is true. Last time we were there, we saw quite a few people get tumbled. Don't go to RIU is you want to swim, but the beach is great for a long walk.

If it helps, we've done day passes at RIU twice, Sandals once and Sheraton once. They are all nice, in different ways. Breezes is still on our list - we'll get there one of these days.

I wouldn't rush yourself. :)

My wife and I did the Breezes day pass on our first cruise back in 2007. While we were thrilled with the cruising experience and viewed everything through rose-colored first cruise glasses, we left Breezes early and grabbed a jitney back. We were on a cruise sponsored trip so travel was included but decided to pay our way back. :cool:

I wouldn't rush yourself. :)

My wife and I did the Breezes day pass on our first cruise back in 2007. While we were thrilled with the cruising experience and viewed everything through rose-colored first cruise glasses, we left Breezes early and grabbed a jitney back. We were on a cruise sponsored trip so travel was included but decided to pay our way back. :cool:

That bad, huh? :) What did you not like about it?

That bad, huh? :) What did you not like about it?

The beach was nice. :)

The food was edible but not terrible. The drinks, as we've come to learn, were standard all-inclusive drinks. No decent liquor for a standard mixed drink and a prevelance of frozen alocholic drinks made with sugary syrup and rubbing alcohol.

The pool was decent size but a little worn as was the lobby, etc. We were not looking for activities but they attempted some cheesey activities on the beach with extremly loud music over a poor sound system. Us, along with a few other guests, found it more of a nuisance than an excitement.

Overall we just felt the property was a little dingy. Again, this is going back a few years so maybe things have changed? :cool:

Thank you all for the input.

So Breezes is worn down and not desirable, which is what many of the reviews are stating.

RIU is nice for food and drink but not for any type of beach swimming, but I do assume that they have nice pools available?

And Sheraton & BCH are maybes???

Aren't these two located next to each other?

Thank you all for the input.

So Breezes is worn down and not desirable, which is what many of the reviews are stating.

RIU is nice for food and drink but not for any type of beach swimming, but I do assume that they have nice pools available?

And Sheraton & BCH are maybes???

Aren't these two located next to each other?

RIU isn't a big resort - it's a hotel. It has one pool with a swim-up bar. No activities, just a nice day by the pool with a gorgeous view.

Sheraton has 3 pools and some water sports (kayaks, paddleboards, water trike). It is not next to BCH. BCH is right by the port. Sheraton is probably 5 miles away. You can walk to BCH but you'll need to take the bus or a taxi to Sheraton.

Scuba girl do you know anyting about the booze cruise party boat excursion through island marketing?

It's usually fun, but it depends on the group you get.

Sometimes it's a group of partiers.. sometimes not. But you can always make your own party

Make sure your timing is good. I think they get back in around 4:30/5pm

Archived