Just off Splendor 5/25 - 6/2

folito

I'm sailing August 13th I can't wait, I have done Carnival Miricle 2 times and the Gem two times and the Dawn, All out of NY... the only time I was ever disapointed was the 1st trip on the Gem,it was her 3rd cruise out of NY, So 2 years later I said I would give it another chance, and we had a blast,, As we have on all our cruises, It's great because if you don't like the show, you get up and leave and find something else to do. I just don't understand WHY people have to hog chairs by the pool? there is a entire ship full of chairs any where you want to put one! How often either are you going in OR getting out of the pool? smoking on the balcony, I am a smoker and not a drinker (we will leave that one there) I always get a aft balcony,(this time an AFT Wrap, usually that solves the problem of the smoke going next door. (should I complain of the people looking over the railing? shoot there not looking down on the balcony,,, there looking out to sea. The so many choices of food, If you don't like it order something else! you will get it quickly! Carnival decor has always been off the wall, that is what makes the ship a ship, and NOT the floating mall. sorry for rambling,,, just reading differnt post..... Why do so many people wig out about such dumb things, Stay home in your own house, get a pool and cook your own food, than it's your rules!

Cyber Cat.....I'm waiting for your vacation review, and to find out MORE hidden secrets I know you will have a great time no matter what goes on!

the ship was sold out , I asked and no I don't think sailing a ship bigger than this would be good at all, I feel it may be ridiculous!

But you say you're looking forward to sailing on the Quantum? That's a larger ship than the Splendor.

We are on the Splendor in 49 days:D . We have travelled both RC and CCL. Do I like RC? Yes but with a family of 5 I just cant justify the extra cost. We enjoy CCL. We are in OV on Carnival and payed about $859 pp (8day). I just did a price check. For an OV on the Explorer it is $1200 (9 day)pp. When you have a larger family it really adds up. We feel as though we are getting a nice vacation at a fair price.

As to the chair hogs. I have no use for rude people. If no one is sitting on a chair for a lengh of time I have no problem moving their stuff. We are not the type to lay out in the sun. We just need a place to sit while our son is in the pool and it is usually just one chair as one of us sits on the edge of the pool.

I've been on allure and victory nothing can compete with the new ships for then younger or more active cruiser. If you are older or less active the older smaller ships might be better, which is why it is important to research the right ship for your vacation. Honestly after being on allure it would really are a lot of wow me on a cruise, but I have a splendor cruise planned for this yr because it cost me next to nothing so it would be unfair to compare a cruise that cost 3 grand to one that is so much cheaper.

I will try a RCC cruise in a heartbeat, the Explorer of the Seas was the best overall cruise we went on. The adult only pool was perfect in every way unlike that on the Splendor

The only adult only pool on the Splendor is the T-pool, which I have a feeling you aren't referring to.

You still didn't clarify your earlier statement of a ship larger than the Splendor being ridiculous to sail on, yet you plan on sailing on the Quantum.

The only adult only pool on the Splendor is the T-pool, which I have a feeling you aren't referring to.

The aft pool on the Splendor is Adults only. I've done a TON of research! :D

2 DAYS until I'm actually aboard!

We were on the Splendor 5/1-5/8--fully booked cruise. Loved our cabin on Lido deck and the dining room was great (anytime dining) but everything else was way too crowded. Chairs at adult pool were all saved early and the pool was the smallest I have seen. Lines for the breakfast & luncheon buffet were long, long, long.(lunch upstairs at the Rotisserie was fabulous!). We loved the Miracle(2x's) but found this too be crowded everywhere.

yea the adult pool on the splendor doesn't work because everyone that wants sun heads to that pool because the retractable roof even when open does not allow for much sun to come in and besides that the deck space is very limited, the second deck is tables and chairs no loungers at all

I had seen conflicting reports. I'm looking forward to your return and reports! ;)

I was just off Splendor on 06/01. It definitely was adults only. One day someone tried to bring their kids into the AFT pool and security told them that the kids couldn't stay. Although we liked the AFT pool more than the main pool because it was a little quieter, one of my main complaints ( other than most of the loungers being reserved by 8AM) was that on windy days it really smelled like Indian Food because Tandori Grill is right back there. Some people like the smell of Indian food but I am not a huge fan

Archived