Wine & Mixed Drinks???

kootz

I will be on the Navigator in August. First time Radisson sailor. The question I have is that I understand that during dinner the drinks and wine are free. Is that only in the dining room or is it during the whole dining hours. If I went into a lounge during the dinner hour before I went in for dinner, can I receive a free glass of wine there or only in the dining room? Thanks for your help...

Attn Kootz.

I hate to disillusion you but nothing is "Free."

If you say the drinks are "included" as part of the passge you paid for it would be more "correct."

Cheers!!!!

Attn Kootz.

I hate to disillusion you but nothing is "Free."

If you say the drinks are "included" as part of the passge you paid for it would be more "correct."

Cheers!!!!

I just read the following in a review of the Voyager. It says it all!!!

All-inclusive. Luxury cruising means not being "nickeled and dimed" to death. All soft drinks and bottled water are included in the cruise fare as are all gratuities. Complimentary wine is poured each evening with dinner and mixed drinks are complimentary with dinner, as well. All fitness classes are complimentary. About the only time you pay for anything extra is when you take a shore excursion, a spa treatment or purchase a drink at the bar. On World Cruise segments, all beer, wine and cocktails are complimentary throughout the ship.

We never had a glass of wine in any of the bars, only a glass of champagne ($9) and ordered a bottle of the "wine of the day" from room service for $27. I don't think they had Kendall Jackson but we are very fussy about our wine and found the selection onboard to be very good. I would say drink prices are about what you would pay in a good restaurant.

We've been on 5 RSSC Cruises and we've never been poured Kendall Jackson. Many of the complimenatary wines are from Chile, Austrailia/New Zealand and France. We drink Kendall at home often and on a price scale we might pay 8 to 10 US for a bottle. We've been served Cuvaison (Over $20 in our grocery stores) Coppola Merlot, Penfolds Shiraz and some wonderful wines from other areas that we can't ge locally. The wine adventure to us at dinner is a big part of the fun. Actually, because of the good quality of the standard wine, I have become far more particular about what I drink. Oh well, as I age, so does the wine and my taste is more sophisticated.

You also get free wine at the Captain's party, the sail away, etc. If you do the world cruise or the South America cruise you can have anything at any time. On those cruises the same holds true for segment cruisers on most of the segments. If you find that you like a particular wine that they have served in the dining room on a previous night, you can ask for that and you'll get it. I like Pinot Grigio and have it most every night. RSSC serves a red and a white each night and they are quite good.

Archived