Beach Excursions

hummer88

We are travelling to a western med cruise July 1. We will have our three year old daughter with us and are trying to have a plan for our excursions should we need a relaxing part of a day at any port. Looking at the MSC excursions, all the ports except Genoa and Tunis have beach excursions. It seems pricey at 35€ a person. It seems like this fee is basically just for a cab to and from the beach. Does anyone have any experience with these and would you recommend using MSC or just grabbing your own cab?

We are on the Prezioza currently. We decided not to goto the beaches because they were far away. Instead we stayed on the ship. So far the ship was empty when docked and we had the pool to ourselves a few times.

It really depends on which beach you want to go to and how far away it is from the ship. Ship excursions can be expensive for going to the beach but they have the security of definitely getting you back on time. Some also include the use of a hotel's facilities or include sun bed rental.

You could go to the ports of call section on here and search for the ports on your itinerary. You may find there are local trains or buses that can get you there.

I'm a bit like perbinder, if I want a quite day to relax and chill out, I stay onboard. You have your choice of loungers in the best spots on the pool deck and no hassle or worry about transport and it's free!

Archived