Any information on June 1 Viking Idun Cruise?

cruisegal#116

I have clients on the 6/1/13 Viking Idun Sailing from Nuremberg to Budapest. I have tried to get information from Viking River as to what their plans have been and are for this cruise. The only information I am able to get is that there has been an "Itinerary Shift" -- nothing definitive as to whether passengers are still on the boat or if they have been transferred to a hotel and if any sort of motorcoach tour has been planned for them.

Anyone have any information from someone who might have friends and/or family on this right now? Has anyone gotten any more specific information from Viking?

I just heard from clients that I have on the Idun. Last night they were sitting in a flooded canal about an hour west of Regensberg. Today they were coached to Munich for the day and are now back on the ship. Clients said they had a nice time in Munich and were glad they got to visit. Tomorrow they will coach them to Bratislava (about 5 hours unfortunately) to another Viking ship where hopefully they will continue the cruise. If it can't continue then they will finish by coach going to Vienna and then Budapest and utilize hotels.

I have clients on the 6/1/13 Viking Idun Sailing from Nuremberg to Budapest. I have tried to get information from Viking River as to what their plans have been and are for this cruise. The only information I am able to get is that there has been an "Itinerary Shift" -- nothing definitive as to whether passengers are still on the boat or if they have been transferred to a hotel and if any sort of motorcoach tour has been planned for them.

Anyone have any information from someone who might have friends and/or family on this right now? Has anyone gotten any more specific information from Viking?[/quote

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?SHIPNAME=Viking+&TYPE_SUMMARY=Passenger&menuid=&datasource=SHIPS_CURRENT&app=&mode=&B1=Search

Interesting that the marine traffic website returns NO findings on a search for the Idun. Good that you got some info from fellow TA.

Moored/Anchored Destination. Current port

VIKING BRAGI. BUDAPEST KOMARNO Inland, Danube

VIKING FREYA NURNBERG. Inland, Danube

VIKING JARL ROSTOCK Baltic Sea

VIKING LEGEND KOMARNO KOMARNO Inland, Danube

VIKING NJORD BUDAPEST BRATISLAVA Inland, Danube

VIKING PRESTIGE BOEDAPEST FRANKFURT AM MAIN Inland,

VIKING PRIDE CONFLANS English Channel

VIKING XPRS TALLINN<->HELSINKI OLD CITY TALLINN Finland

Archived