ScenicTours Cruise Customer Service

SeattleDA

Andy&Louise

Thanks so much for the update and the great news about the food, people and crew. We travelled with Scenic last year and found the Aussies to be wonderful to travel with, as you say they have a glass half full attitude and made the cruise that much more enjoyable without so many complainers. Glad you have been able to move along the river at least a few kilometers. I do hope you are able to get through the remaining locks and enjoy your ride through the Wachau Valley, it is superb. Happy cruising.

The daily update is on the Scenic website, it is been updated as of today. It is not in the same place as before. Check the area under the main picture and Fly Free to Europe heading, left hand side of the screen.

Thanks for this, unfortunately it is still the bland version that doesn't give us the real state of the rivers.

Most companies seem to be reducing the information that they publish on the net, just limiting it to actial cancellations & not telling the world what is really going to happen on the cruises that are taking place. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a reliable update on the state of the Danube, Main and Main Canal anywhere - up to a couple of days ago Scenic published an excellent summary.

I'm guessing that things are very fluid especially with all the extra rain last couple of days, that whatever they publish is out of date before the end of the day. Things could change hourly and a stretch opened at one point in the day, could be closed later in the day. The backup of ships trying to get through locks etc. could also change the flow of ships for the day. I think they are doing their best to accomodate all their customers without putting out information that could change by the hour. I don't believe they are trying to hide anything from their customers, just erring on the side of caution. Anyone travelling this week or next certainly should expect some interruption of their original plans whether it is a town that has to be bypassed, or a bus tript to get to one of the excusions. Things happen in the best of weather as well. The rivers are narrow, there are more and more ships and still a limited number of moorings so sometimes you have to moor farther away from the original spot. These things should be expected when one river cruises.

Archived