Epic Western Med Review 5/26 -6/2

You can start your own Rome in Limo tour on their website. You can choose how many people you want to go with and start the tour and then it appears on the romeinlimotoursharing website. You would be surprised how quickly that tour will fill in with others. And a LOT of folks wait until the very last minute to book their tours or join the roll calls.

Nautical Mom, we should consider this!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can start your own Rome in Limo tour on their website. You can choose how many people you want to go with and start the tour and then it appears on the romeinlimotoursharing website. You would be surprised how quickly that tour will fill in with others. And a LOT of folks wait until the very last minute to book their tours or join the roll calls.

Thanks for sharing this. I see some people have already begun to set up tours for 2014. Rome in Limo seems to have a lot of positive reviews.

Hi BaseballMom,

Do you have to put down a deposit or anything? When do you pay for the tour?

Thanks,

Nautical Mom

Nautical Mom, we should consider this!

LiteFM,

Yes, this is only a CC to hold. We could hold 6 and hope for more! Which one looks the most appealing? Herculeneum may be better than Pompeii, unless you or DH have your heart set on Pompeii? Let's chat over e-mail.

I'm still at work! :eek: DS is picking me up!

Thanks,

Nautical Mom

LiteFM,

Yes, this is only a CC to hold. We could hold 6 and hope for more! Which one looks the most appealing? Herculeneum may be better than Pompeii, unless you or DH have your heart set on Pompeii? Let's chat over e-mail.

I'm still at work! :eek: DS is picking me up!

Thanks,

Nautical Mom

Get those hours in!! Only 53(?) days left! Lol.

I just emailed you back. DH has no preference and neither do I. Lets see what works.

Hi BaseballMom,

Do you have to put down a deposit or anything? When do you pay for the tour?

Thanks,

Nautical Mom

Yes, you put down a deposit but do not worry - we missed our tour in Florence due to weather and Jany had a full refund to me minutes after I sent her my paypal address.

RIL is very reputable. No worries with them!

Aww Baseballmom, its so sad that your cruise is over too. it seems like we were both just opening our respective roll call threads with 9 months to go,and now look at us!!

Although,I have to get you credit,you got your review up before me,so good job!

I am posting my review,but just to put my two cents in...it sounds like you guys got the same crappy weather we had the week before:(

I semi-agree about the food,I wasnt overly impressed with Taste/Manhattan,only did 3 nights in there.I did LOVE O'Sheehans though(ate there twice for dinner). For my specialty restaurants,I went to Le Bistro and Moderno,and both were fabulous.

I enjoyed the entertainment,but I went as a solo,so I had probably a different approach:) Im sorry that you missed Howl at the Moon though,it was hysterical,and sounds like what you were looking for as far as an interactive piano bar!

Cabins...I had a studio,so cant compare,but I did see a friends balcony,and cant imagine putting 4 adults in there.

Anyway,glad you enjoyed your trip for the most part! I had to laugh at your story about running through Newark..been there,done that,and had to push several rude people aside to do so!

Oh yeah,and Rome in Limo was awesome as well!!

Stacey

Yes, you put down a deposit but do not worry - we missed our tour in Florence due to weather and Jany had a full refund to me minutes after I sent her my paypal address.

RIL is very reputable. No worries with them!

Thanks! Ended up going with Cruising Excursions! Hope there are no regrets!

Get those hours in!! Only 53(?) days left! Lol.

I just emailed you back. DH has no preference and neither do I. Lets see what works.

Yup! Only 47 days now, for us, with you soon after! You'll have to write a review after for both of us! LOL:D

Edited by NauticalMom

Yup! Only 47 days now, for us, with you soon after! You'll have to write a review after for both of us! LOL:D

Uh uh...we already discussed what happens to this reviews! Lol

I emailed you back, hopefully it makes sense!!

We saw groups using segways and it looked like fun, I just wondered what to do with them when inside someplace...

Leave the heels at home and bring lots of comfy walking shoes!!

I'm not planning on bringing heels! I guess I'm the NOT in Dress Up or NOT night! I love to see others dressed up, though!

It's only a 2 hour Segway - we've done it in Chicago - you don't go in anywhere, except for a bathroom break! We never even turned them off.

Our morning of disembarkation I had ordered room service so we could have something to eat before we headed to the airport. I simply hung our order on the door with a time for delivery and the food arrived on time. Although they did forget to include milk for the cereal, we at least had something on our stomachs before getting off the ship very early.

Disembarking was a breeze. We opted to carry off our own luggage and had no problems (other than getting an elevator) and were off the ship without a hitch. Cabs were plentiful and we were off to the airport sadly leaving Barcelona behind. To a man everyone of us said Barcelona would be the city we would absolutely re-visit.

I think I have already said that the line at the airport to reclaim the VAT tax was simply not worth the wait.

Our trip was not quite over upon leaving Barcelona. I had booked our flights on TAP Portugal and the return trip was a short flight from Barcelona to Lisbon and then our flight from Lisbon to Miami. When I was booking the flights this return included a 7 hour layover in Lisbon and I could not find a way to avoid it. Since this really didn't appeal to me I altered my search to "multiple city" to see if I could postpone our flight from Lisbon to Miami to the following morning without additional fees. I figured if I have to spend 7 hours in Lisbon, I might as well spend the night, see a little bit of Lisbon, and catch our long flight to Miami the following day. This worked PERFECTLY! So we arrived in Lisbon a bit before noon and had the entire afternoon to explore another city!

Since this is my add on and not part of this cruise, I won't be adding the Lisbon information unless someone is interested in doing this as well. It really was worth the extra half day and I got a fabulous hotel room for free by using my credit card travel points!

So, as I said, if someone wants me to I will post photos and info about our time in Lisbon, otherwise I will leave it to the cruise that most are taking.

Please do write about Lisbon! I'd love to hear about it!

Aww Baseballmom, its so sad that your cruise is over too. it seems like we were both just opening our respective roll call threads with 9 months to go,and now look at us!!

Although,I have to get you credit,you got your review up before me,so good job!

I am posting my review,but just to put my two cents in...it sounds like you guys got the same crappy weather we had the week before:(

I semi-agree about the food,I wasnt overly impressed with Taste/Manhattan,only did 3 nights in there.I did LOVE O'Sheehans though(ate there twice for dinner). For my specialty restaurants,I went to Le Bistro and Moderno,and both were fabulous.

I enjoyed the entertainment,but I went as a solo,so I had probably a different approach:) Im sorry that you missed Howl at the Moon though,it was hysterical,and sounds like what you were looking for as far as an interactive piano bar!

Cabins...I had a studio,so cant compare,but I did see a friends balcony,and cant imagine putting 4 adults in there.

Anyway,glad you enjoyed your trip for the most part! I had to laugh at your story about running through Newark..been there,done that,and had to push several rude people aside to do so!

Oh yeah,and Rome in Limo was awesome as well!!

Stacey

I know right? It seems so far away, then it's here and then it's over :( Oh well, I am looking forward to 2015 ;)

My friend from Canada had a studio and it looked great!

Newark :mad: the things I could say about that flight and Newark :mad:

• 1 year later...