Novorossiysk, Russia

We are on a Black Sea cruise in August and will be visiting Novorossiysk, Russia. Does anyone that has been there have any tour guide suggestions? I have looked everywhere and can not find any guides. We can not get off the ship by ourselves without a Russian Visa and the ship has only a few options that do not seem great.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

We are on a Black Sea cruise in August and will be visiting Novorossiysk, Russia. Does anyone that has been there have any tour guide suggestions? I have looked everywhere and can not find any guides. We can not get off the ship by ourselves without a Russian Visa and the ship has only a few options that do not seem great.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I really hate to disappoint you but Novorossiysk is Russian hole in the wall. I grew up in Russia and I've been to Novorossiysk - there is absolutely nothing to see there besides a memorial complex devoted to the Heroes of WWII. I've even done some research on Russian web sites and couldn't find any agency that would offer any tours in Novorossiysk. If you find something - just be careful, since it can be some "new born" agency without any reputation and experience. Bottom line is - I would take ship tour to be safe.

Thank you. I was afraid that would be the answer. Usually I can find something in a city....but - absolutely nothing here. Plus, the ships offerings were very limited. (another sign)

We are not going all that way to stay on the ship.....so, it looks like it will have to be a ship's tour.

Thank you again

Archived