Quantum "NEW" Obstructed View Balcony Cat DO/SB

You will not be able to see out from any of the Cat DO's if you're seated. The lifeboat will block your view when seated as it will be directly in front of the glass below the railing. When standing you will have to look across the top of the lifeboat, so your view will be somewhat more limited even when looking out. If you have a cabin listed as 75% obstruction, then your view out will be mostly blocked.

These cabins are similar to those on CCL that have the French doors (no balcony) but the lifeboat is in the way.

Quite frankly, I would only book these cabins if they were prices the same or close to a regular oceanview cabin. If I'm paying for a balcony, I don't want to have a lifeboat taking 50-75% of my view.

After reading all these posts, I'm even more confused than I was! We have cabin 7114, which is said to be obstructed. The cabin, immediately BEFORE this, is 7116. If it was an obstruction due to lifeboats, wouldn't that be an obstructed view balcony, also? But it isn't. When I've spoken to RCI, they don't really have an answer as to what the obstruction is, either. Guessing maybe I'll just wait till someone sails, prior to me! It won't be long & is so much fun anticipating a cruise!;) But, if anyone knows, FOR CERTAIN, would love hearing!

Ginger

After reading all these posts, I'm even more confused than I was! We have cabin 7114, which is said to be obstructed. The cabin, immediately BEFORE this, is 7116. If it was an obstruction due to lifeboats, wouldn't that be an obstructed view balcony, also? But it isn't. When I've spoken to RCI, they don't really have an answer as to what the obstruction is, either. Guessing maybe I'll just wait till someone sails, prior to me! It won't be long & is so much fun anticipating a cruise!;) But, if anyone knows, FOR CERTAIN, would love hearing!

Ginger

I hope they can get you some more information on that in a reasonable time frame. Unfortunately, the ship only debuts around 2 months before you sail, so it's not like you can rebook without penalty if you don't like what you've heard... Definitely a downside of RCI's lack of information about the new class of ships.

I hope they can get you some more information on that in a reasonable time frame. Unfortunately, the ship only debuts around 2 months before you sail, so it's not like you can rebook without penalty if you don't like what you've heard... Definitely a downside of RCI's lack of information about the new class of ships.

OMG, I wouldn't think of cancelling! NOT even considering changing the cabin! The price has more than doubled, since we booked. It's going to be an experience, even if we stay in a LINEN CLOSET!:eek:

Ginger

OMG, I wouldn't think of cancelling! NOT even considering changing the cabin! The price has more than doubled, since we booked. It's going to be an experience, even if we stay in a LINEN CLOSET!:eek:

Ginger

Good, now that's the spirit!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

Good, now that's the spirit!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well, MYSTERY SOLVED! If you look at the side picture, of the ship (that's the port side, side I'm on), on deck 7, forward, it shows 3 very large round "portholes". Each of these is the 3 "obstructed view balcony" cabins. Deck 8, has 2. So the balcony area will be 55', but somewhat enclosed, but if standing at the rail, will not be obstructed view, but if sitting down, will be. I'm not one to sit on my balcony, in the sun, anyway. If I want to sit in the sun, it'll be out at the pool or any of the other outside areas.

This will be the largest ship I've been on & my only concern is, I like small ships! Hope the size of the ship, doesn't diminish the movement, as we love it rocking & rolling, puts us to sleep!;)

Ginger

Well, MYSTERY SOLVED! If you look at the side picture, of the ship (that's the port side, side I'm on), on deck 7, forward, it shows 3 very large round "portholes". Each of these is the 3 "obstructed view balcony" cabins. Deck 8, has 2. So the balcony area will be 55', but somewhat enclosed, but if standing at the rail, will not be obstructed view, but if sitting down, will be. I'm not one to sit on my balcony, in the sun, anyway. If I want to sit in the sun, it'll be out at the pool or any of the other outside areas.

This will be the largest ship I've been on & my only concern is, I like small ships! Hope the size of the ship, doesn't diminish the movement, as we love it rocking & rolling, puts us to sleep!;)

Ginger

Sounds doable.

• 3 weeks later...
TAs can see it as well on their booking site.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

So, on March 12 when I book through my TA, she will be able to advise me on the obstruction for a DO category cabin? ((That is when I plan to book by Fall 2015 Anthem of the Seas Caribbean cruise.)

• 5 months later...