Interior Cabins...lowest cat. Choice?

ctteach5

We are looking at a 2014 Sapphire Grand Asia with landtour and checking out staterooms. In the past I have had oceanviews, and interior on other ships, so I understand the "closet feel". No problem...anyway we are trying to keep costs down...so when I click to the most inexpensive interior statements...I see...STATEROOM will be assigned later. Well, what is your experience...Have people been happy with this alternative? How far in advance do you know? Does this give you any choice?:confused:

You will eventually be assigned a cabin in the class you choose, or a higher class. We have booked guarantee a couple of times, and ended up with decent cabins. Most recently (and like you to save costs), we booked a guarantee for the lowest inside cabin category (very front or rear, highest passenger decks) on a Princess cruise to Alaska. They assigned us a room a few days later in the best inside cabin category (midship, mid-deck levels). It doesn't always end up like this; a lot depends on other bookings for the cruise.

The best part is knowing you will be on a cruise to a place you enjoy :) Hope whatever choice you make turns out well for you.

I travel solo and always buy an interior cabin. A lot of the time I have booked on short notice and I had to choose "guarantee". Most times I've had my cabin assigned three or four weeks before sailing, but on my cruise this Saturday I just got my assignment two day ago. Doesn't matter to me either way, I know I am going to get a cabin... Every time I've chosen "guarantee", I started out with the cheapest price and ended up with a small upgrade - still to an interior - but a higher deck and closer to the middle.

The interior cabins on Princess feel fairly spacious, although I shared a cabin with a friend on the Star Princess last year and that cabin was smaller, and it wasn't just because I was sharing, it really was smaller. As long as you're on the Diamond, Sapphire or bigger ships, the interior cabins are good value and won't feel so small. Of course that is really subjective. Just remember that they cost a lot less money for a reason...!:)

Archived