Island Emerald E736 - any comments?

escape07

My wife and I just had E 736 on the Coral Princess, a sister ship and cabin. We were on the 2 week Panama Canal voyage Apr/May. It is one of the best cabins we've had in 14 cruises. We said it was in deed a great cabin for the Panama Canal and would be for an Alaskan cruise also. Great balcony with both a rear view and sounds of the wake and back as well as the standard side view, double the views. A decent size corner wrap balcony on the end and covered. We also liked that it was just one deck up from the Promenade deck and easy to go down there to walk or dining or whatever. We'd gladly take this cabin again, and the Coral Princess as well! We had no problems at all with the cabin. Truly a good cabin. Wish I were still in it.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=66377

I hope the above link works. It's a review for this very cabin. We are booked in E736 for a cruise to Alaska in July and I tried to do my homework and research staterooms before selecting one. We like the idea of the very last balcony with a partial view of the wake. We also liked that the balcony is completely covered so will provide some protection from rain and people on balconies above us cannot look down into our balcony. We're on a Northbound cruise so the setting sun will be on our side of the ship. If you'll notice on the ship's deck plan, there is a door in the hallway just outside the room that leads to a small aft deck. From what I've read on some of these posts, very few people know about it, so it's also like having a big, private aft deck at your disposal.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id6.html This is a link to another post from CC that shows great photos of the balconies.

Whichever cabin you choose, I know you'll have a great trip.

Archived