Couple of question about Mariner Cafe Promerade and Room Service Tipping & Sail Card

Just a few last question before we leaving Saturday for Mariner leaving Sunday 26th.

I read a lot about the Cafe Promerade, just wondering is there a charge for eating there and also what type food do they server:confused:

On room service having breakfast delivered, what would be a general amount to tip?

The other cruise lines I've been on the room steward and waiters etc tips were add each day to the sail card, does RCI do this as well.

Thanks so much in advance for your answers.

Marcy

Cafe Promenade offers small sandwiches, pizza, cookies and pastries, plus coffee and tea for no charge.

For room service breakfasts I would normally tip a dollar or two.

RCI will charge your tips to your seapass account, but only if you sign a form authorizing them to do so. They will then provide you with vouchers and envelopes to give to your room steward and dining room servers on the last night of the cruise. I much prefer RCI's procedure since it leaves the option to me, and if I choose to tip in cash I can do so, without going through the hassle of having the cruiseline remove the charges from my account. The other lines claim they automatically add the tips to your account for the sake of convenience, and they are correct - it is for THEIR convenience.

It was previously answered what the Promenade Cafe serves, but you should note that those are the most wonderful cookies! unfortunately, you just don't have enough time in a week to eat enough of them! Eat a few of the choc. chip and peanut butter cookies for me!

The room service tip does vary depending on how much you order. But a few bucks for a meal for two seems to be the average. Note though that you are ordering your meal from a pre-printed order form. You circle or check what you want and it will be delivered, but they didn't seem to honor any substitutions or special requests hand written onto the form. We did, however, LOVE the fact that they call you when your food is on the way. You indicate a delivery window on the form, and then once they give you the call, the food was there in about five minutes! Just enough time to get out of bed and get a couple of bucks out of the safe!

And finally, we, too, appreciate the fact that RCI does discretionary tips. The daily cruise compass will forewarn you on the last day to purchase tip vouchers, if you choose. Otherwise hard cold green vouchers work just fine. That way you know exactly who gets the tip.

I'm glad I can finally help someone else out with advice to pay back all the great advice we received before our first trip.

The pastries at the cafe' were also quite good! It took me until Day 5 to figure out that they have breakfast pastries in the AM!!! They had donuts, danish, muffins, etc. I had been going by there in the afternoon and they always had a great assortment of cakes, creme puffs/eclairs, cookies, and other yummy things!

Archived