Entertainment on Sapphire

SF

What were the main shows on Sapphire and who were the other entertainers besides the dance shows? Also, what time were the shows for second seating? Hopefully, they are after dinner and not before.

The second shows were at 10:15 so you can make it after 2nd seating. The two main shows were "Piano Man" & "Curtain Up". One night there was a one women show, I think her name was Brandi Chapman. These 3 shows were good.

The first night show was a disappointment, I don't remember the name of it.

Thanks for replying. Did they have any pre-dinner shows? Glad to know all or most of the shows are after dinner. Don't like having to rush in order to get ready earlier. That's why we chose second dining so we can have some extra late afternoon time.

When were you on Sapphire? Any info I should know?

I think Eric Stone is on the Sapphire. He is the Crooners piano player and he is great!! He was on my Island Princess Hawaii cruise and we went to hear him play almost every night. If you see him, tell him that "Taylor's" aunt said "hi"!! Taylor is my 4 year old niece and she and Eric were buddies!!

Jamie

When we were on the Coral Princess, we had the best piano player by the name of Chalie Sleeth. He told everyone that in April he was going to be on the Sapphire until December. We are going on the 12/31 Sapphire cruise but may miss him. If he is there, don't miss him. He packed it in at the piano bar and everyone on the ship loved him.

When we were on the Coral Princess, we had the best piano player by the name of Chalie Sleeth. He told everyone that in April he was going to be on the Sapphire until December. We are going on the 12/31 Sapphire cruise but may miss him. If he is there, don't miss him. He packed it in at the piano bar and everyone on the ship loved him.

Thanks for the heads up about the piano player... on Caribbean Princess last fall DH and I really enjoyed the piano player Bert Statton..he was awesome and so look forward to the same type of entertainment on Sapphire when we sail her Oct. 22

Emmy

We were on the June 12th sailing. Unfortunately other then the shows I mentioned above we did not pay much attention to the entertainment. We had early seating, but attended the 10:15 shows, as it was easier to find seating for our entire party (14 people) together at the later show.

The theater did fill up quickly and you will want to be at the show at least 15 minutes prior to start time to ensure that you can get seats.

NJFamily was really right about the size of the Princess Sapphire theatre: quite small for a ship carrying so many passengers. Cruise director types are around the theatre before the show encouraging folks to move so that vacant seats in a row can be paired. One Assistant CD grumbled that the theatre supposedly only seats between 700 and 800 people. There were a couple of shows with a lot of the audience standing at the doorways and adjacent walls.

The Princess cast in the March/April timeframe was very good. Piano Man was especially well done.

Archived