Cheap Snorkel Gear in Ft. Lauderdale?

mmjbsboomer

We fly into Fort Lauderdale early next Saturday, 7/1, and want to stop at a grocery/superstore on the way to the pier to pick up water, wine and now snorkel gear. I called Princess yesterday and they have no snorkel gear left to rent on Princess Cay during our stopover. If they did, it would cost $20/pp and that total a wee much for a family of four for the little bit of snorkeling available there. Any suggestions? Thank you!

We fly into Fort Lauderdale early next Saturday, 7/1, and want to stop at a grocery/superstore on the way to the pier to pick up water, wine and now snorkel gear. I called Princess yesterday and they have no snorkel gear left to rent on Princess Cay during our stopover. If they did, it would cost $20/pp and that total a wee much for a family of four for the little bit of snorkeling available there. Any suggestions? Thank you!

I would try like K-mart, Target or Wal-Mart all should have cheap water, wine and snorkel gear.

Later,

ScubaJohn02

If you plan on using your snorkel equipment more than once. It would pay to buy better gear. How a mask fits is very important, and you wouldn't believe the difference in one mask to the next. We check every store in our area and tried on a lot of masks to find once that were comfortable, and fit well. Plus you will pay to get better equipment. If you had more time, I found a very good website for snorkel gear. www.leisurepro.com But you would still be better to shop around and find what you want and then buy it on the web. A good mask can run about $80-90 in the shops, but on the web that same mask maybe $40. For comfort and fit, Wal-mart isn't going to do much for you, but if you only want cheap. It will do you just fine.

you can try sports authority too. There is one in Ft. Lauderdale, maybe a 20 min drive north. (its really not to bad). They have a nice selection on snorkel gear. Just don't get sucked into going to a "dive shop" where you will pay twice as much.

Archived