Galveston: Car ok @ hotel?

BlondieB

We are on the Dec. 1st on the Navigator and I've been struggling with the parking decision. We always park at the pier because my friend is a TA and we get free parking but she won't be going this time and I've been on the fence about staying at one of the hotels and then taking their shuttle to the terminal but the thought of my vehicle in an unsecured hotel parking lot for the week has me uneasy. Has anyone ever had any problems with vehicle break-ins or anything doing this in Galveston? :confused:

All but two of my cruises have been out of Galveston. They have all been in hotels where I have left my car. We have had no problems, but like anywhere, there is always a first time. Park it and don't leave anything that can be seen inside. Have a good cruise.

I've cruised out of Galveston 3 times and left my car at the hotel each time with no problems. I do agree with not leaving anything laying out in plain site but that should become a habit wherever you park your car.

It's been a few years since we've left our car at a hotel in Galveston, but we've never had a problem. I agree with everyone else, just be sure that you remove anything "stealable" before you leave it.

Thanks everyone. We're booked at the Four Points Sheraton and they don't have a shuttle so I'm leaning towards EZ or Lighthouse parking. I saw on anther thread a $9 off coupon for EZ if you book in June and use code JUNE.

Thanks everyone. We're booked at the Four Points Sheraton and they don't have a shuttle so I'm leaning towards EZ or Lighthouse parking. I saw on anther thread a $9 off coupon for EZ if you book in June and use code JUNE.

We have always used EZ Cruise. I usually opt for the extra $10 to cover the car, since it is uncovered parking, but the security is excellent, the service is prompt and friendly and we have rarely waited more than 10 minutes for a shuttle in either direction.

Archived