How long to pick up a rental car in Vancouver?

PeterTellus

I am arriving on a Princess cruise on a Saturday in late July and will be renting a car. How long does it typically take from exiting customs to sitting behind the wheel of a car?

I know it will vary by company but what is a good time frame to plan on?

Also, we will be two adults and two children with luggage. Is it easier for one person to go get the car and then come back for the rest and the luggage or for everyone to shuttle?

Will shuttles be there (like at the airport) or do you need to call for a ride?

Does anyone have cars right at the cruiseport?

I am arriving on a Princess cruise on a Saturday in late July and will be renting a car. How long does it typically take from exiting customs to sitting behind the wheel of a car?

I know it will vary by company but what is a good time frame to plan on?

Also, we will be two adults and two children with luggage. Is it easier for one person to go get the car and then come back for the rest and the luggage or for everyone to shuttle?

Will shuttles be there (like at the airport) or do you need to call for a ride?

Does anyone have cars right at the cruiseport?

National has a location at Canada Place (actually the Pan Pacific hotel lobby) and cars in the parkade. All the other biggies are within in 8 blocks of Canada Place and all will shuttle except Thrifty which is about 4 blocks away and will give you a $7 credit on your contract toward your cab fare. I would probably just leave my family and luggage at Canada Place, shuttle myself, then come back and pick them up ..... but that's just me. I would be thinking in terms of 30 to 45 mins from exiting customs to the time I had my car depending upon the number of people in line at the rental counter.

Archived