Western out of Tampa-ship time vs port times?

bguppies

New to NCL....

Looking at some non-ship excursions at a couple of ports.

Trying to figure out the port times...

On our previous Carnival cruises, we had to stay on Eastern time and figure out the time difference from Eastern time to each port's time..

I know Mexico will change to Central Daylight savings time the day we leave Tampa in April.

The US will have already changed in March.

Belize and Roatan do not observe DST, so both will be 2 hours behind Tampa time in April.

Does NCL change ship time to follow the times in the various ports or do they stay on Tampa time the entire cruise?

Thanks in advance for any help with NCL Western Itineraries from Florida.

Bill

I've never been on an NCL cruise that did not change to the local time. You will get a time chance reminder on your bed at turn down any evening in which a time change will occur during the night. There will also be a time change notice in the Freestyle Daily each day.

NCL ships do change time for time zones, but not necessarily for each and every country when it comes to daylight saving time changes. The main rationale is that not every country makes the daylight saving time changes on the same day. Some do, and some don't even honor daylight saving time changes. It can be confusing.

The ship will change time zones all of the time once during a cruise as it crosses the time zone. But the ship won't change time zones every night for every port of call. I hope this is clear. So be aware of the time on the ship and ashore every day and don't assume. When the ship does do a time zone change, you will be informed in the Freestyle Daily delivered to your cabin every night.

The shore excursion folks are aware of any time discrepancies and will keep you informed, but if you strike out alone be aware of the correct time.

Thanks for the quick answers..

I know every cruiseline runs things like this differently...

I was mostly worried about Belize...

Where our time in port says 8-5...

But if the ship stayed on Tampa time like Carnival, that would be 6AM-3PM. (6AM port time just seemed crazy and a waste.)

Appreciate the help.

Bill

NCL ships do change time for time zones, but not necessarily for each and every country when it comes to daylight saving time changes. The main rationale is that not every country makes the daylight saving time changes on the same day. Some do, and some don't even honor daylight saving time changes. It can be confusing.

The ship will change time zones all of the time once during a cruise as it crosses the time zone. But the ship won't change time zones every night for every port of call. I hope this is clear. So be aware of the time on the ship and ashore every day and don't assume. When the ship does do a time zone change, you will be informed in the Freestyle Daily delivered to your cabin every night.

The shore excursion folks are aware of any time discrepancies and will keep you informed, but if you strike out alone be aware of the correct time.

Umm I've been on. Couple cruisers where we changed time 2x went back 2 hrs than 2 hrs coming home

Archived