Help: Port of Houston Hotels

bob123

OK, I know there is another thread concerning the port of Houston for airports and hotels, but being a dummy, I can't make heads or tails out of the posts. We are flying into Hobby in November a day before our cruise, and would like to find a hotel that offers shuttle service from the airport, and maybe to the port of Houston. Is anyone aware of such a place? I've tentatively booked the Holiday Inn in Kemah, but they do not offer shuttle service and we would require taxis from the airport, and to the Port.

bob123

The closest hotel to the port is the Comfort Suites in Seabrook. It's only about a mile from the port and according to their website they provide a complimentary shuttle within a five mile radius. That would get you to the port and to any place you might need to go the night before as there's literally nothing by this hotel but open fields and a large convenience store. The main part of Seabrook is a couple of miles South of there, Kemah about another mile beyond that. La Porte is about three miles North of the port. The port is technically in Pasadena but it's about a ten minute or so drive to get to the part of town with hotels, restaurants, shopping, etc.

As for an airport shuttle, I'm guessing a lot of the hotels in the area probably don't have them, but you never know.

You might want to search hotels in Seabrook, Kemah, Webster, Nassau bay, La Porte, and even Pasadena. You might get lucky and find one with better transportation options.

Good luck :)

It's unlikely any of the hotels near Bayport terminal have shuttle service. However, it's only about a fifteen minute drive from Hobby to Pasadena so a taxi shouldn't break the bank. :)

Or stay at a hotel near Hobby and cab it to Bayport the next morning. Most have shuttle service to/form the airport.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=hobby+airport+hotels+houston+tx&qs=AS&form=QBLH&pq=hobby%2Bairport%2Bhotels&sc=2-20&sp=2&sk=LS1&ghc=1

Or stay at a hotel near Hobby and cab it to Bayport the next morning.

This might be the better idea. I took a look at the Yellow Cab website and the fare from Hobby to the port is an estimated $53 for 19 miles.

If you do decide to stay at one of the airport hotels, call some of them and see if they might be willing to let their shuttle take you to the cruise terminal the next day. maybe if there are people from your roll call staying at the same place they might be willing to do it for a group.

My suggestion:

I would fly into Hobby and stay at the Hilton Houston Nasa/Clear Lake. A sedan/limo to the hotel will be between $55 to $75 total for one to three people. After arrival the hotel has complimentary local area shuttle service to area attractions/restaurants as well as to the cruise terminal.

Shared ride service via Super Shuttle is $31 pp from Hobby to the Hilton. I think I would prefer car service.

There is also a Courtyard by Marriott very near the Hilton, but it does not have/does not offer shuttle service.

Question: Does anyone know which hotel Princess will be using for pre and post cruise stays?

B

• 2 weeks later...
Princess is using Houston Generic, Four Seasons , Airport Marriott for their pre and post stays.

Hmmm.. The Four Seasons is in the downtown area. I don't know if the Marriott is at IAH or Hobby. Any of these areas are relatively distant from the port.

I don't have any knowledge of the Houston Generic hotel. I wonder if it's a hotel they haven't chosen yet or if there is actually a hotel named Houston Generic.:)

B

There are two Marriots at IAH, one in the airport, the other @ 5 miles away near N. Beltway 8..

The nearest "Marriot" to HOU is a Farifield Inn in Texas City:

http://www.reservation-desk.com/hotel/105395/fairfield-inn-by-marriott-texas-city/photos/?TID=b5fUfH80|pcrid|1525614478&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=hou%20marriott&utm_campaign=Hotels%20%20M

There are two Marriots at IAH, one in the airport, the other @ 5 miles away near N. Beltway 8..

The nearest "Marriot" to HOU is a Farifield Inn in Texas City:

http://www.reservation-desk.com/hotel/105395/fairfield-inn-by-marriott-texas-city/photos/?TID=b5fUfH80|pcrid|1525614478&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=hou%20marriott&utm_campaign=Hotels%20%20M

Except for the Spring Hill Suites and Courtyard next to Hobby.Both a whole lot closer to HOU than Texas city.;)

IMO - Princess will use the Marriott at IAH plus the Four Seasons and provide transfers to the port on embarkation day. I have no idea what the third option will be.

I thought they would choose a hotel in the Nasa/Clear Lake or Kemah area, but it doesn't seem like they have.

B

Archived