Snacks

Are items like this available on board (specifically, the Pearl)? I'd love to have a little stash of snacks in our room but would prefer not to have to pack them. Are items like this available and if so, where?

Thanks!

Snacks are available to purchase from the store on board - candy bars, etc.. limited selection, but they do have some munchies available. If we're in an area with a gas station or convenience store nearby sometimes I'll stop there on the way back to the ship and grab a few things to bring back on the ship.

Apparently only packaged foods are supposed to leave the ship on excursions, so I usually grab a box of cereal to hold over our youngest if we're off the ship for an extended time - out of convenience more than anything else as we're usually eating breakfast immediately before walking off the ship.

I remember when I was prepping (researching, reading, obsessing) over my last cruise, people had the suggestion of ordering sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc from room service, bagging them up (bring ziplock bags) and putting them in their packs and things for excursions. Could probably also save yourself a bit of coin by filling up some water bottles with ship's water and bringing those as well.

I remember when I was prepping (researching, reading, obsessing) over my last cruise, people had the suggestion of ordering sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc from room service, bagging them up (bring ziplock bags) and putting them in their packs and things for excursions. Could probably also save yourself a bit of coin by filling up some water bottles with ship's water and bringing those as well.

Depending on the port, any food that isn't pre-packaged (sealed) could be prohibited and you could be forced to dispose of it when attempting to take it ashore. Also, again depending on the port, you could be fined by taking certain foods off the ship. Passengers should always check their Freestyle Daily for each port and observe the published guidelines.

Depending on the port, any food that isn't pre-packaged (sealed) could be prohibited and you could be forced to dispose of it when attempting to take it ashore. Also, again depending on the port, you could be fined by taking certain foods off the ship. Passengers should always check their Freestyle Daily for each port and observe the published guidelines.

This. Even when going from a US port to US port e.g. Departing New York to Port Canaveral as the first port, you can't bring any food off the ship. There's a big sign warning you of this when disembarking ($50,000 fine?). I had packed some cookies and so asked one of the port officials upon entering the terminal who summarily frowned and had me dispose of it. Sealed items like granola bars and the like produced in the US ... I'm only guessing they are allowed.

When I first started cruising, the on board announcement used to warn against fruits and meats and the like as listed on the Customs Declaration form. Now the announcements say no food of any kind.

I thought maybe some things might have changed (it's been 10 years since I cruised) but figured I'd throw it out there...maybe there's something that's packaged from room service? (again, i have no idea lol)

But thank you for giving the OP the head's up about restrictions and fines...lord knows I'd hate to get fined myself or be the cause of someone else getting fined :(

Archived