Smiths for Airport transfer

Just received an online quote for transfer from heathrow to a hotel near Victoria Station for 2 people and 2 bags from Smiths for Airport.

76 euros plus 5 euro parking fee plus 10 euro congestion fee. Does this sound right? Could I take a taxi for less? Could someone suggest a cheaper option? Thanks.

I've certainly seen less for other car services. There are a few threads in this section with discussions of various companies. I remember seeing in the 40-50 pound range. A metered cab would probably be in the 60-70 pound range.

If you're not set on a private transfer, you can certainly get the underground for much less - it would require a transfer, but there are some relatively painless options for that. Or, you could take the Heathrow Express or Connect trains, which at 20 and 9.50 pounds/person, respectively, would be cheaper, but you still need to take a taxi or underground to Victoria from Paddington.

Smithsforairports are based in Portsmouth/Southampton.

They offer an excellent service and very good prices between Southampton and London/airports.

But Heathrow to central London is way out of their patch & I'm surprised that they even quoted.

So for that journey, yes, you can certainly do a great deal better - as evidenced by other posts.

JB :)

Just received an online quote for transfer from heathrow to a hotel near Victoria Station for 2 people and 2 bags from Smiths for Airport.

76 euros plus 5 euro parking fee plus 10 euro congestion fee. Does this sound right? Could I take a taxi for less? Could someone suggest a cheaper option? Thanks.

We are paying 37 GBP to hotel near Vic Station.

24/7 Transfer

I'd shop around. Make sure you are getting a car for two. Smith's might be giving you a larger car. But with only two suitcases, you shouldn't need the bigger.

I don't have congestion fee. You must be arriving during rush hour. All companies add something for parking at the airport for pickups. Makd srue that is listed in the final cost when comparing service costs.

Archived