Need Help - Which would you choose

jesscruiser

Okay, so I had to change my cruise from the fascination to the conquest. ON the fascination I had an aft cabin. Well the only aft cabin available on the conquest for the oct 6 sailing was cabin 6489, which is smaller than some of the other aft cabins because it is in the middle. I know this cabin only has the chair, and not the couch like the aft cabins two doors down. We are thinking of switching rooms to a regular cabin on the lido deck. I think it would be a good trade off to be near everything, and lose the bigger balcony? What would you do?

We had one of these smaller aft cabins (7453) on the Glory in May and it wasn't really noticeable that the cabin is smaller other than the cabinet setup and the missing couch. It still has plenty of room to move around and plenty of storage. The balcony was definitely the best part of the cabin. Unless you live on the couch watching TV on your cruises then that cabin won't bother you. It certainly didn't feel any different than the balcony cabin we had on the Legend in January.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We had one of these smaller aft cabins (7453) on the Glory in May and it wasn't really noticeable that the cabin is smaller other than the cabinet setup and the missing couch. It still has plenty of room to move around and plenty of storage. The balcony was definitely the best part of the cabin. Unless you live on the couch watching TV on your cruises then that cabin won't bother you. It certainly didn't feel any different than the balcony cabin we had on the Legend in January.

We had an aft cabin and weren't thrilled with it. Our neighbors looked around the partician into our cabin several times. They meant no harm, but, DW was afraid they might look in at the wrong time.:eek: If it were me, I would stick with a balcony that is between decks with other cabins. This way you will bot be directly over the clubs or under the Lido Deck. Just my opinion. Have a great cruise with whatever cabin you choose.:)

We had an aft cabin and weren't thrilled with it. Our neighbors looked around the partician into our cabin several times. They meant no harm, but, DW was afraid they might look in at the wrong time.:eek: If it were me, I would stick with a balcony that is between decks with other cabins. This way you will bot be directly over the clubs or under the Lido Deck. Just my opinion. Have a great cruise with whatever cabin you choose.:)

You can have nosey balcony neighbors no matter where your balcony is located. We noticed someone leaning over and looking onto our balcony on the Legend at one point, but they quickly stopped when they saw us open the door and that was a standard side balcony. We never heard them out there again.

If someone is doing that repeatedly then I would say something to them and tell them to stop. Or you could go out to your balcony and do the same thing. Stand there and stare back at them and make them just as uncomfortable as they made you. Regardless of how you handle it, I wouldn't let one rude, nosey balcony neighbor determine where my next balcony location would be.

OP, either location is good. The aft balcony has an amazing view and the sound of the wake is hypnotic, but being close to the Lido would be convenient too. The cabin size on the aft really isn't that bad since the cabin is only for two people. On the aft you get sunlight and on the side you are shaded. It's more of a personal preference for you and we can only give our personal preference. My next two cruises are both aft suites so that tells you that we loved it.

You can have nosey balcony neighbors no matter where your balcony is located. We noticed someone leaning over and looking onto our balcony on the Legend at one point, but they quickly stopped when they saw us open the door and that was a standard side balcony. We never heard them out there again.

If someone is doing that repeatedly then I would say something to them and tell them to stop. Or you could go out to your balcony and do the same thing. Stand there and stare back at them and make them just as uncomfortable as they made you. Regardless of how you handle it, I wouldn't let one rude, nosey balcony neighbor determine where my next balcony location would be.

OP, either location is good. The aft balcony has an amazing view and the sound of the wake is hypnotic, but being close to the Lido would be convenient too. The cabin size on the aft really isn't that bad since the cabin is only for two people. On the aft you get sunlight and on the side you are shaded. It's more of a personal preference for you and we can only give our personal preference. My next two cruises are both aft suites so that tells you that we loved it.

I wanted the aft cabin, but my bf wants a larger room. Decisions Decisions!

My parents and brother and his family are sold on aft. My parents always get the wrap around if they can and my brother's family usually gets aft next to them. If that's not available they take any aft. They just love the bigger balconies and views. Now me (I like center where there is less motion and my immediate family DH and DS are cool with that), so I book a mid ship balcony rather than aft and just go over and visit them on their aft occasionally.

My parents and brother and his family are sold on aft. My parents always get the wrap around if they can and my brother's family usually gets aft next to them. If that's not available they take any aft. They just love the bigger balconies and views. Now me (I like center where there is less motion and my immediate family DH and DS are cool with that), so I book a mid ship balcony rather than aft and just go over and visit them on their aft occasionally.

I ended up moving to the Lido balcony room. I called Carnival and they said I couldn't downgrade my room, but a supervisor approved it anyway. Thanks Carnival!

Archived