Camp Carnival Registration

proudaunt

We are traveling as a large group in October on Carnival Freedom. To keep all of us on the same floor we put my niece in the room with my partner and I. Her parents will be traveling with us just in a different room. I tried to register her online for Camp Carnival, and it asked if I was Mother, Father, or Legal Guardian. I am obviously none of those so how can we still get her signed up for Camp Carnival? Do we do it once we get on the ship (does it fill up to where she wouldn't be able to?) or can we call ahead of time? We just want her to be able to enjoy the fun with the rest of the kids.

Nothing to do with Camp Carnival, but would it be okay if she slept in her parent's room at night if she got scared and wanted to go to their room, but she is technically assigned to my room?

Thanks!

You can register her onboard, or her parents can do so online after they set up her onboard account (they should be doing that - when they fill out the online documents, the documents will ask in that section if they need to register a minor staying in a different cabin).

As to staying in her parents room ... if there is a spot in there for her to sleep, she probably can do that. I've had rooms that were "built for four" where my 3 kids were booked and they've had friends "sleep over" in the fourth bunk. Be polite about it, though - ask the room steward in advance (it makes extra work for them, even if you don't think so) and tip extra for the nights she's there. Do be aware that the room stewards tend to do special things for kids staying in the rooms (we've been surprised with milk and cookies, a virtual zoo of towel animals, a chocolate cake with 3 forks in it and all kinds of stuff - even trophies and other "ship swag"), so just keep communication open, because if your steward sets up a surprise and your niece isn't there to see it, its kind of a bummer.

You can register her onboard, or her parents can do so online after they set up her onboard account (they should be doing that - when they fill out the online documents, the documents will ask in that section if they need to register a minor staying in a different cabin).

As to staying in her parents room ... if there is a spot in there for her to sleep, she probably can do that. I've had rooms that were "built for four" where my 3 kids were booked and they've had friends "sleep over" in the fourth bunk. Be polite about it, though - ask the room steward in advance (it makes extra work for them, even if you don't think so) and tip extra for the nights she's there. Do be aware that the room stewards tend to do special things for kids staying in the rooms (we've been surprised with milk and cookies, a virtual zoo of towel animals, a chocolate cake with 3 forks in it and all kinds of stuff - even trophies and other "ship swag"), so just keep communication open, because if your steward sets up a surprise and your niece isn't there to see it, its kind of a bummer.

Thank You so much for your thorough response! All of your information was very helpful! I will check out the documents section later on and have them fill it all out for her! Thanks again!

Archived