Baymont Inn - nr Miami Airport. Has anyone stayed there?

cruisingbajan

Hi

My gf and I are thinking about booking this hotel for our pre cruise stay in April(1 day only). I checked it out online and it seem pretty nice and not too far from the port.

Has anyone ever stayed there? How was it. Do they provide a shuttle to the port of Miami? This is our first time in Miami as well as cruising so we are pretty naive about this stuff.:confused: Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We stayed there for our Explorer cruise and loved it! There are 2 Baymonts, the on eon LeJeune Rd is closer to the airport and closer to the Port. The shuttle picked us up at the airport and the driver was very friendly. The accomodations were very nice. They had a wonderful full breakfast in the morning. Eggs, meats, breads, cereals, pastires, juices, cereals, fruits. Quite a nice selection for a free breakfast buffet.

There is a Bennigans restaurant right next door. We enjoyed a nice dinner there.

We took a cab to the port, I don't recall the fare, but believe it was $20 - 25.00.

Last year, we thought we booked this same hotel. Turns out it was a Baymont Airport West (?). Nice place, but we really wanted to be back on LeJeune Rd. It was twice as far to the airport and twice as far to the port.

You should not have any problems with this property.

Another possibility for you to consider is the Holiday Inn Miami Airport. This one actually isn't all that far away from the Baymont (I think). I got it for a great rate of $38 a night on Hotwire. The Holiday Inn has complimentary airport shuttle as well as a free shuttle to the port.

Thanks for info cpa2be..I'm was glad to read your info...I booked the Baymont Inn on LeJeune for my pre-cruise. I had booked at the Holiday Inn (across from Bayside) but a friend at work stayed there in March and he said it was bug infested. I went to AAA and saw they gave this Baymont Inn a good rating so I booked here and canceled the Holiday Inn. But it always helps to hear from someone whose actually stayed there on these boards!

Archived