Attention Canadians - Airmiles program

theadams

I think this information applies just to Canadians. If you are a Gold Westjet Mastercard holder you can get a great deal on using your airmiles to book a Westjet flight.

These are the airmiles that you get from Mastercard, Safeway, Shell etc.

I am travelling to Ft. Lauderdale in January/06 (from Vancouver) and it is only 1400 airmiles per person return. That is an awesome deal. Normally it is 3900 airmiles each.

Of course when I tried using my airmiles to book to Ft. Lauderdale in January, there were no seats available (they only make limited seats available to airmiles)

I thought all was lost, but I persevered and did some more investigation. Westjet is going to start flying to Ft. Myers Florida (not sure when it starts, but they will be flying there in January)

I am able to get seats on flights to Ft. Myers. It is apparently around a 2 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale to Ft. Myers, so I think it is all going to work out fine.

Hope someone else can take advantage of this information.

It is also 1400 airmiles Vancouver to Ft Myers return.

• 3 weeks later...

I switch to the West Jet Gold plan just recently and was able to make reservation for our air travel in April 2006. We will be flying from Moncton NB to Orlando and also using only 1400 points per person.

I was getting a little bit anxious as I had made cruise reservation but could not make any flight reservation until last week, Westjet did not have the schedule. I was calling on a weekly basis and finally the system was up with Airmiles.

Did you get notice last week that as of October 1 2005 more points are going to be required. For us to go during low season to Florida, we will require 2500 points vs 1400. High season we will require 3250 points. Quite an increase.

Gisèle

I recently switch to the Westjet Gold card plan and made flight plans to go to Orlando from Moncton NB. Points required was the same as you 1400 points per person.

I was getting a little bit anxious as I had made cruise reservation and could not get my flights as Westjet did not have their schedule up for April 2006. Finally it came in and was able to get them.

Did you get notice last week that more points are going to be required for flying as of October 1 2005? It is quite an increase. For the same flights (Moncton NB to Orlando) after October 1, it requires 2500 points in low season for one person. High season will be 3250 points.

Gisèle

Of course when I tried using my airmiles to book to Ft. Lauderdale in January, there were no seats available (they only make limited seats available to airmiles)

I thought all was lost, but I persevered and did some more investigation. Westjet is going to start flying to Ft. Myers Florida (not sure when it starts, but they will be flying there in January)

I am able to get seats on flights to Ft. Myers. It is apparently around a 2 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale to Ft. Myers, so I think it is all going to work out fine.

Hope someone else can take advantage of this information.

It is also 1400 airmiles Vancouver to Ft Myers return.

FYI.......the Ft. Myers service with WJ starts on September 6/05

Archived