Going into Israel with passport with Egypt/Jordan stamps

I'm sure I have read that, on occasions, the Israeli authorities have denied access to tourists with passports that have stamps including some of the other Middle East countries such as Egypt and Jordan. Either that or some countries have problems if your passport contains an Israeli stamp.

Has anyone encountered any such problems?

My friend and I have done the Red Sea Magic cruise and were possibly considering the Pharaohs and The Promised Land cruise, particularly for the Dead sea excursion.

Would there be any issues either way?

I'm sure I have read that, on occasions, the Israeli authorities have denied access to tourists with passports that have stamps including some of the other Middle East countries such as Egypt and Jordan. Either that or some countries have problems if your passport contains an Israeli stamp.

Has anyone encountered any such problems?

My friend and I have done the Red Sea Magic cruise and were possibly considering the Pharaohs and The Promised Land cruise, particularly for the Dead sea excursion.

Would there be any issues either way?

no problem at all

Thanks to both.

Having looked through the forum, it seems that the main problem is having an Israeli stamp and visiting other countries. Do the Israelis actually stamp the passport or is it put on a separate card which can be removed?

Thanks to both.

Having looked through the forum, it seems that the main problem is having an Israeli stamp and visiting other countries. Do the Israelis actually stamp the passport or is it put on a separate card which can be removed?

We did the Pharaohs and the promised land at Easter we were given separate stamped card. Israeli customs board the ship and check everyone's passport face to face then issue the card. The process is very quick.

When we did Red Sea Magic that cruise docks in Aqaba Jordan and your excursion to Israel starts from there. So no problems.

The odd thing was going ashore in Egypt. They insisted all passports had to be stamped. But all the Egyptian that checked them as you went ashore did was look for the stamp. He did not check it was the right passport. So I could have gone ashore with anyone's passport.

Berwyn

"So I could have gone ashore with anyone's passport."

We've been through Spanish/Canarian border controls so many times I've lost count - but they've never scrutinised our passports in any resemblance of a check - just casually waved through each time.

We did the Pharaohs and the promised land at Easter we were given separate stamped card. Israeli customs board the ship and check everyone's passport face to face then issue the card. The process is very quick.

Thank you. Seems there should be no problem then.

When we did Red Sea Magic that cruise docks in Aqaba Jordan and your excursion to Israel starts from there. So no problems.

We've done the Red Sea Magic cruise twice now and thought we might go again and do the Dead Sea excursion. Looking at the excursions I realised that you could also visit the Dead Sea on the Pharaohs and Promised Land cruise so thought it might be good to try a different cruise.

The weather was always good in the Red Sea area so it was nice to relax 2nd time around as we had done mostly everything on the first trip.

Would anyone know what kind of weather we might expect in early April on the Pharaohs and Promised Land cruise? Would it be similar to the Red Sea cruise?

Archived