Excursion Help

It's been almost 10 years since my first cruise and being on CC, so I have some questions that I can't seem to find when I search.

My children(all adults) and myself will be on the Liberty doing the western sailing Nov.2nd, 2013.

1. I'm looking for a great zipline tour that I can book myself in Roatan, or any advice on other excursions

2. Any advice as to what to do in Belize, and companies to go through?

I'm sure I will have other questions coming but I thank you for your help.

It's been almost 10 years since my first cruise and being on CC, so I have some questions that I can't seem to find when I search.

My children(all adults) and myself will be on the Liberty doing the western sailing Nov.2nd, 2013.

1. I'm looking for a great zipline tour that I can book myself in Roatan, or any advice on other excursions

We just returned on the Dream from Belize. I could not have been more pleased with Cavetubing.bz. The price for cavetubing was $50.00 per person. It included transportation, 3 very knowledgeable guides, tubes, lighted helmets, and a delicious meal. We actually climbed further up in the rainforest than the ship's excursion. We were able to go through more caves that way. My favorite part was after we left the caves we had a peaceful, beautiful float for about 20 minutes down the river. People on the ship's excursion left the water as soon as they exited the caves.

Google their website. They have a lot of information. I think you can also do ziplining with them.

Have a great time. Take bug spray and bring sunglasses for when you exit the caves.

Cozumel -- Passion Island by Twister Boat - you get a ride to/from on the Twister boat and then an all inclusive beach day with unlimited drinks and buffet. Beautiful beach, playground area, water toys, beach massages etc.....

:)

BTW-- if you family is not up to the Twister boat, you can get there by catamaran.

Don't forget to check out the Ports of Call boards (toward the bottom of the main page on Cruise Critic) -- there is a forum for each port. Tons of information for each port, lots of great recommendations

In Roatan I have used South Shore Canopy Zip Line Tour (http://www.southshorezipline.com) - been there twice, and both times the guides were wonderful. One year we hired Victor Bodden Tours to drive us around for the day, and another year we hired a taxi to take us to South Shore and then pick us up and take us to the beach then back to the port.

In Belize, I also recommend Cave Tubing. I have used Cave-Tubing.com the "Butt's Up" Guys (http://www.cave-tubing.com/). I have also used them twice. One time we did just cave tubing, and the second time we did the ATV mud/jungle adventure + cave tubing. Both times it was great, the guides were friendly, fun and knowledgeable.

As others have mentioned, check out the ports of call boards for additional reviews and recommendations.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Archived