Baltic Gala Eve at Yusupov Palace?

SandiSails

I posted this on Baltic board but haven't gotten any replies.Has anyone done this Holland America tour.I'm wondering how formal it is?Is it worth the price? It says they serve canapes and champagne...should one eat dinner before going?

Any help would be appreciated..Thanks

I don't know anything about the HAL excursion. However, on a Grand Circle trip two years ago, we took a tour of the Yusupov Palace. We enjoyed the tour very much. I'm sure you know that Rasputin was assasinated there (at least the assasination was begun there!). On the late afternoon we visitied we were hurried through because they were setting up for a dinner in the very elegant ball room. I would think it would be a very worthwhile excursion assuming the price is not exorbitant.

I would recommend the Folkloric show rather than the Gala. The dancers were terrific and the show was very good. Photography (even video) was allowed and there were lots of nice souvenirs available. I can see opera and ballet here, but the folkloric shows don't seem to travel as much. I drank champagne and ate canapes on board.

Archived