Difficult Booking Choice

BigDog™

We booked the Breeze cruise today :D:D:D First time using a PVP and was extremely pleased with that process. He found me much better rates under a past military promotion that did not show up online...AND got us a $50 per person on-board credit.....so ended up only being a net of about $1,300 more for MUCH better rooms on a better ship with the great itinerary!

• 1 month later...

2k...save it.

2K is what we try to save and budget per year for the 3 of us. If we can get a 7 day for 3 in an inside room and the round trip plane tickets for 3 all within 2K we book. So for us...2K is a cruise...save it.

We are planning a 21st birthday cruise for our daughter in October. Big problem for me is this will be my 9th cruise on Carnival (wife's 7th). It is the last week I will get off this year. We REALLY loved the Breeze and want to take her on the 8 day cruise. I know we will enjoy it a lot, great itinerary and the Cheer's program so great for us celebrators! My selfish side thinks maybe we should break this up to a back-to-back 3 and 4 day on the Sensation and then I will get grandfathered in on the Platinum plan by getting my 10th cruise this year.

Not sure how much that really means to me though to sacrifice what i know will be a better cruise for her. We always arrive early and board pretty quickly. I often get suites anyway. Don't really care about the free gift much and never do laundry on the ship.

There is about a $2K total difference between the back-to-back interior rooms on Sensation and the 8 day Spa Balcony/Spa Interior on Breeze.

Knowing that much limited info....which would you choose?

You said this is a 21st Birthday gift for her. She will only turn 21 once. You will have plenty of opportunities to turn platinum. What is the best you can do for her?

I say go for the back to back cruises but why not do a B2B on the Ecstasy and Sensation. This way you get two different ships and are still considered back to back....plus with the 5-day Ecstasy itinerary you will get a stop in HMC.....plus the $2,000 that you'll save is a HuGE deal as well

We are planning a 21st birthday cruise for our daughter in October. Big problem for me is this will be my 9th cruise on Carnival (wife's 7th). It is the last week I will get off this year. We REALLY loved the Breeze and want to take her on the 8 day cruise. I know we will enjoy it a lot' date=' great itinerary and the Cheer's program so great for us celebrators! My selfish side thinks maybe we should break this up to a back-to-back 3 and 4 day on the Sensation and then I will get grandfathered in on the Platinum plan by getting my 10th cruise this year.

Not sure how much that really means to me though to sacrifice what i know will be a better cruise for her. We always arrive early and board pretty quickly. I often get suites anyway. Don't really care about the free gift much and never do laundry on the ship.

There is about a $2K total difference between the back-to-back interior rooms on Sensation and the 8 day Spa Balcony/Spa Interior on Breeze.

Knowing that much limited info....which would you choose?[/quote']

Do what best for you since you are paying and as it's a gift to your daughter. All she has to say to say is thank you my dear beloved. She is not going to have a bad time.

I booked Western Caribbean on Carnival thinking my son would prefer it over Princess, the itinerary I really wanted. The first night at dinner he said, I prefer Priness. I can't say the first thing that came to mine, or even the second :mad:but finally I smiled and said, must be nice to have the knowledge without having a job....grrrrrrrr:D

There is a 2K saving which for me would be a no brainer and 21 done right she won't be able to recall much:D

Archived