Breeze 8 day southern mini review

LuckyZ

Forgot to add a few things. One of which was the awful time flying to Miami on June 7th due to heavy rains from the hurricane. Most of our group affected by up to 6 hrs. We were about 2 hours delayed due to American having to kick off 6 people at the origin to make up for added fuel. And we waited for our bags for over an hour in Miami (couldn't unload any bags until rain stopped)

Living in South Florida I can explain about your luggage. It doesn't have to do with the rain but rather lightning (or the threat of). As you may be aware Florida is the lightning capital of the world. If there is lightning in the immediate area they will not load or unload airplanes. It is a balancing act because the airlines don't want their schedules thrown off and passengers displeased, but the safety of the employees must be paramount.

Thanks for the review! How did Late Dining work out for your group of 26? Currently debating Late or Anytime for our group this April (currently at 24 with more to be booked).

Are your reservations linked? If they are then the cruise line should accomodate your request to be seated near to each other. Typically they will try and push large groups to the late seating as it typically is less crowded; especially during holiday / school vacation times when there are more children on-board who prefer the earlier seating. The problem with anytime dining is that they likely won't be able to seat you either together and some in the group may have to wait awhile while others are seated depending on how busy they are.

Thanks for the review! How did Late Dining work out for your group of 26? Currently debating Late or Anytime for our group this April (currently at 24 with more to be booked).

We have always done late dinner and ways worked out well. We prefer to take our time to get ready for dinner, prefer to sit together, and don't mind eating late. So we always request late sitting

We book through a cruise TA and they always looked after making sure our group sits together in the dining room. Of course we are usually at many different tables but we are in same vicinity (side by side). We have even done groups if 80 and 100 and been together in the MDR for dinner. And on top of this, we have mixed up families and kids so everyone can sit with different people at dinner each night.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

2 questions for you:

1. What kind of food was available at the bbq? Traditional like just burgers and hot dogs or could you get bbq chicken, ribs even?

2. How far in advance did you book Chef's Table? Besides the food portion, any particular feature of the tour that was outstanding to you?

Thanks for taking the time to post.

2 questions for you:

1. What kind of food was available at the bbq? Traditional like just burgers and hot dogs or could you get bbq chicken, ribs even?

2. How far in advance did you book Chef's Table? Besides the food portion, any particular feature of the tour that was outstanding to you?

1. The one bbq (if thats what you call it) was Guys Burgers on the Lido (mainly burgers and fries). But the other bbq was outside of 5th deck called "Fat Jimmy's BBQ". It was only available on sea days but they had all sorts of varietys of bbq chicken, pork (true bbq style), with various sides, cornbread, etc. It was awesome but quite a long line.

2. We booked the Chef's table only about 2 weeks before the cruise. We have done it in the past (Victory March 2012) and was mainly in the ships library for the cooking and meal.

But this tine we were in the galley so the atmosphere was excellent (not to mentione the food was great, wine was plentiful, and the presetation was spectacular). We did get more of a full tour than we did on the Victory. What you need to do it search cruise critic for Carnival Chefs Table and you will find all sorts of reviews.

I too, thank you for posting this review. We're sailing "Breeze" in September, and even though the lovely Mrs. Jones has already sailed this ship, I haven't, so I'm looking forward to the many differences between this ship, and the majority of the others. Sounds like a GREAT time was had by everyone! :cool:

"SKY"

• 2 weeks later...
Will the issues mentioned on deck 5 affect balconies on the 9th deck? We are in 2 balcony cabins on the starboard side, back of midship, but not really aft. Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure as we were on 7th. But you will be 2 more floors removed so you might be OK

I too, thank you for posting this review. We're sailing "Breeze" in September, and even though the lovely Mrs. Jones has already sailed this ship, I haven't, so I'm looking forward to the many differences between this ship, and the majority of the others. Sounds like a GREAT time was had by everyone! :cool:

"SKY"

The ship will NOT disappoint you.

More and more people are complaining about the mattresses, looks like they have got the same supplier as Princess.

I will have to agree with you about this one. Carnival really missed the boat (pun) on this one.

Not sure if I ever really got a good nights rest the whole 8 days

Archived