Falmouth excursion help please URGENT

abster70

Hi All! Sorry for the caps but we are leaving THIS Sunday on the Freedom of the Seas and booked completely last minute and I am scrambling to arrange shore excursions before this Friday when we leave for Florida port. Never been to Western Carib.

My biggest question is about Falmouth and distances and Peat Taylor or not. :)

I have heard you spend a lot of time, maybe waay too much (?) on a bus from Falmouth to the Ocho Rios area. Was thinking of doing the highly rated Peat Taylor excursion to DR Falls and Ocho Rios highlights. Hubby is very nervous about timing and missing ship on a private tour. It seems like a haul to get there and back but Falmouth itself looks so dull...:(

we do not want to go sit at a resort or beach. Would love to see some Jamaica safely and enjoyably but I hear the RCCL tours are expensive, jammed with people and not my idea of fun.

Please help/advise ASAP!

Many thanks to you all!

Trip time to Ocho Rios, which is where Dunn's River Falls is located, is about 45 mins ... Contact Peat or his brother Cortney & see what they have available ... Smaller/Private groups are actually really flexible and move the group along quicker than the massive mega bus ones ... lot less time loading & unloading.

My daughter and I did Dunns River Falls, Tubing on the Rio Bueno and a visit to Bamboo Beach Club directly through Bamboo Beach club from Falmouth. We only had about 35 minutes at the beach, but made it back to the port with over an hour to spare. If you book tubing and the falls only you should be fine and still have a couple of hours to spare.

I just did a trip with Peat Taylor (his son PJ was our driver for the day) last week and it was great! We did Dunn's River Falls and River Tubing. Check the link to my review in my siggy for the full review of the tour and pictures.

Archived