Para sailing...........off a boat.......where?

On The Run

We are first time cruisers....:) We leave on Halloween out of S.F. to Catalina. We have signed up with "Randi's Happy Horses" on our own she was so highly recommended.

We are limited a bit due to my husbands heart problems, so we can't run down the beach and was looking for the parasailing off a boat. I understand there is a beach in Cabo fairly close to the ship area..........:confused:

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Jo

When we went to Cabo a few years ago, as soon as you get on the beach, there is a place to rent snorkeling equipment, and also do para-sailing.

The nice thing about it is that my SIL and her DH did the parasailing, but they let me and my DH ride in the speed boat with them.

I don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable, and the guy that went on the speed boat with us was very nice, and very professional.

You should see it right away!

Thanks for the info:) I have a fear of heights but I did run across a picture of two people hooked together, I told my husband I think I could handle that with him with me :eek: Not much said about doing that but sure would like to try.

Did you see anyone do this together?:confused:

Jo

para sailing is a piece of cake today, years ago it was scary..but now they have it down to a science...you sit on the boat they attach you on a swing (for lack of a better word) this swing is attached to ropes that are on big giant wheels

(I am so good with the tec terms:D ) they let the ropes out gradually you are in the air in no time..........they bring you back down on the boat your feet don't even have to touch the water.....most people like to have a little dunk.....:)

We've parasailed twice. The first time, we "solo-ed" and loved it. Last time, we did a tandem parasail. Fabulous! Parasailing is a feeling like no other. If you have not tried it, you really should. You do not need to do anything but sit and hold onto the straps and enjoy the experience. Oh! And bring a camera up there with you! You'll get some terrific photos!

We've parasailed twice. The first time, we "solo-ed" and loved it. Last time, we did a tandem parasail. Fabulous! Parasailing is a feeling like no other. If you have not tried it, you really should. You do not need to do anything but sit and hold onto the straps and enjoy the experience. Oh! And bring a camera up there with you! You'll get some terrific photos!

I haven't checked until today for answers about parasailing, it sounds so fun..where did you do this in Cabo or other? We are going on an excursion in Mazatlan so the only other is Puerto..........please let me know and by the way, how much for to together?

Thanks, Jo

Hi, Jo. When we parasailed in St. Thomas, they charged us $79 for the tandem ride. If you choose to do that, go up with someone you really care about. It's an experience you'll want to share with them. And jeeppartsman has a point. Before we ever tried it, a friend told me about her experience in Mexico. She was supposed to run along the pier until she became airborne, but she fell over and ended up with two thighs full of huge splinters. I'd be sure to only parasail off a boat! And if you go with a cruise ship sponsored excursion, you'll most likely be okay. Out of the U.S., you could be taking chances to strike out on your own.

From the Coral Princess decks we saw lots of parasailing while in Cabo. Looked like great fun. Most people never got wet. We watched them leave the small boats, have their rides and glide right back into the boat. Have fun!!

Archived