Junior suite vs FTTF

pmcantrll

There are several recent threads asking the exact same question you might want to read thru.

suites .. the ONLY perks you get are priority embark and ebark.. no other perks.

with FTTF you get early access to your cabin, priority dining times, etc.. you can read the other threads with a copy and paste of the lists.

Edit:

Here is a link to another thread with a copy and paste of the FTTF perks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1867074

I dont have the list memorized .. so its better to read the copy and paste of the perks with FTTF... like do you have any tender ports?? might influence you.

priority dining time aint worth nadda .. I have that as platinum and didnt get early which I requested. Only diamonds (200 sailing days with carnival) get guaranteed dining times. priority is not guaranteed.

Ok thanks I am getting mix reviews on the FTTF and suites my main concern is do I get to go to my stateroom early with just a suite or do I really have to purchase the FTTF. Yes I do have one tender at half moon cay

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are several recent threads asking the exact same question you might want to read thru.

suites .. the ONLY perks you get are priority embark and ebark.. no other perks.

Ok thanks I am getting mix reviews on the FTTF and suites my main concern is do I get to go to my stateroom early with just a suite or do I really have to purchase the FTTF. Yes I do have one tender at half moon cay

See my reply above.

Edited: OK, Ill say it clearer .. no, you do not get early access to your suite unless you buy FTTF. However, people have been known to sneak up to their cabins.. and if they are cleaned, you could put your stuff in them... but you really arent supposed to.

Firefly is absolutely correct.

Only perks with a suite is priority embark and debark.

If you want to have early access to your cabin, purchase FTTF.

Simple.

Firefly is absolutely correct.

Only perks with a suite is priority embark and debark.

If you want to have early access to your cabin, purchase FTTF.

Simple.

I thought maybe the way some people were making lists with yes and nos if you get it with suites and FTTF was confusing, that it is clearer to say what the only perks with suites are.. but maybe not.

People still seem to be confused.

OP they have a list of FTTF people and diamond and platinums and will clean those cabins first and have them ready.

If you think about it.. all suites are in the same area.. so one pair of cabin attendants couldnt possibly have all the suites in their area ready early. Thats why FTTF is limited.

We have a vista suite aft wrap for our cruise next April and I purchased FTTF on Friday after I read through the posts. I liked that we could get to our cabin (balcony) when we boarded and that our luggage would be there fairly quickly. I also liked that we would be able to get on the tenders quickly as well. For me, those things made it worthwhile.

We had a JS on the Paradise a few weeks back. Only perk you get from JS is priority boarding and disembarkation.

FTTF Gives you priority tendering, priority lines at Guest Services, Bags at cabin upon arrival (ours arrived like 30 mins after we got on board at 11am!), cabin ready on embarkation (which was nice to drop off carry on bag we had before we hit the buffet), Priority dining arrangements at MDR (we had to switch from late dining to early dining due to kids program meet/greet during our late dining time and got at time of wait list and got early dining 2nd night for rest of cruise), and dedicated guest services line to call while onboard.

We definitely used our FTTF and loved having it!

I just got off the phone with carnival and I was about to purchase my FTTF but she told me that I don't need to purchase because I am in a suite. And when I board the ship my room should also be ready

I just got off the phone with carnival and I was about to purchase my FTTF but she told me that I don't need to purchase because I am in a suite. And when I board the ship my room should also be ready

LMAO...the person at Carnival is incorrect, wrong, doesn't know what they are talking about, etc.

Just purchase it online under excursions.

Or believe what the person at Carnival told you and be disappointed.

Grrrrrrr:( How's a customer supposed to know what to do when Carnival reps dont know what they're doing?

I would go with what the folks here are telling you.

OR....

Now if it was me....I would ask that "well informed" person on the other end of the line to put it all "in writing", email me a copy, CC the Captain of the ship, the head of housekeeping, the Guest Services department and what they heck, why not the president of Carnival too! PLUS, get that well informed, expertly trained persons work, home and cell numbers and be certain they incude in writing they are personally prepared to come and clean my cabin early, get me on a tender early etc.

If some unknowing customer (who hasn't been advised by all the wise people here) heard that and said: ok fine....they'd be ticked and/or disappointed for sure upon arrival at the ship.

pmcantril: is the person you're speaking with at Carnival your regular PVP?

If so, I'd be in the market for a new PVP. This person doesn't have simple, basic knowledge of the product.

No I do have a pvp but I booked through a travel agent because I didn't have to pay my deposit up front it is deferred until February so that caught my eye but I am about to call pvp because this is crazy

That person is wrong!!!

No I do have a pvp but I booked through a travel agent because I didn't have to pay my deposit up front it is deferred until February so that caught my eye but I am about to call pvp because this is crazy

I've never booked through a TA, so I'm not familiar with how it works but...is it possible for you to access your booking on Carnival.com and just purchase the FTTF?

Since you booked through an outside TA, Carnival isn't supposed to talk with you about your booking at all. The TA owns your booking.

If you can talk to your regular PVP, hopefully she's a good one and knows the product and will help you.

Yes I can login on carnival and still do everything I just can't make payments on carnival.com and my pvp doesn't work for carnival anymore so I have to find me other person

No wonder posters are confused. Maybe she thinks getting on the ship faster is all you need, but if she actually said your cabin would be ready .. she needs to go read Carnival facts.

Maybe the folks working on weekends are not their top notch people.

I would go by what carnival has in writing.. we have a saying here on CC if you get a reply at the toll free number you dont like.. call back again until you get one you like.

Yes I can login on carnival and still do everything I just can't make payments on carnival.com and my pvp doesn't work for carnival anymore so I have to find me other person

So if you can do everything but make payments, why not just purchase FTTF online under excursions?

Archived