Toulon to Cassis

palermo22

Like many, we will be in the Toulon Port for the day. It looks like Cassis is the closest nice place to go. Train schedules are not convenient and the Cassis station is not in town. Just looking for suggestions of those who have used alternative transportation in going to Cassis (bus or rental car), etc.

Like many, we will be in the Toulon Port for the day. It looks like Cassis is the closest nice place to go. Train schedules are not convenient and the Cassis station is not in town. Just looking for suggestions of those who have used alternative transportation in going to Cassis (bus or rental car), etc.

Lots of info on these pages...just read through the top 1 to 4 for info here.

Lots of info on these pages...just read through the top 1 to 4 for info here.

Actually I have read all of the messages - none answered my question. Again, I wanted those who have actually used other means of transportation (other than the train) in getting from Toulon to Cassis to respond. If you have seen such a message I would appreciate your pointing me in the right direction.

Hi Jerry,

I posted a bit on Cassis. I recommended Aix to the other poster because it seems to be their first trip to the area and they want to see more of the "sights" and Aix is a great place to visit. But I love Cassis. I love sitting at a restaurant at the port and having "moûles-frites" with a pichet of the local wine.

We used to live in Nice and drive all around the area so I have never used public transportation. For a day trip, I would rent a car. It is really very easy driving and a short distance. So if you can arrange for it, do that. It will also free you to make other stops in Bandol and the countryside. You have driven in more countries than I have (only 51 - you got us beat!). This will be a breeze.

M

I used the search function at the top and found this bit of info that may or may not help using the train( which you said you did not want) if you do not rent a car..all the other posts seem to say the same..not easy..as the Marzul mentioned and you are probably a good driver for France a car seem the way to go.Toulon is not the best port to get out of to see what is around.Maybe someone will have a better post.

Toulon to Cassis on a Sunday- Help! - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Another poster just mentioned provencewinetours.com. They have a tour of the Bandol and Cassis vineyards with free time in Cassis for lunch. This could be a really fun way to go if you don't want to rent a car.

Thank you for your replies - we will probably take the train from Toulon to Cassis (I have no problem renting a car and driving; however, there might be 8 of us and therefore short of renting a van - a train is our best option) - just need to determine how reliable is getting a bus and/or taxi into the central part of Cassis is.

Archived