Salvatore Lucibello or Francesco Marrapese for Private in Naples????

I can't comment about Francesco, but I will rave about Salvatore. We just returned home from the Millie 6/8 and used Salvatore for our Naples/Amalfi coast stop. Couldn't have been better. He was waiting for us as we left the ship with a very comfortable van (our group of 5). We had previously discussed by email what we wanted to do, and he was flexible enough to change the itinerary on-the-go as we wanted to linger longer at some places.

He is an exceptional driver, so the narrow winding roads never became a worrisome issue.

He is a wealth of knowledge about the area (he lives in Amalfi) and speaks beautiful English.

The restaurant stop at Pantone was a delight - a lovely restaurant with a terrace overlooking the mountains and water below. You could get as little as a pizza or a full meal with wine for $20 Euros - a bargain.

We arrived back at the ship with lots of time to spare. We chose to go to the farthest places first, and then drove back towards Naples.

This day was a highlight of our trip.

FLJudi

We have used Salvatore Lucibello of DriveAmalfi twice and would recommend him without hesitation.His local knowledge is second to none and his calm and safe driving style are a great benefit especially along the scenic Amalfi Drive.He is a true professional and a real favourite of these boards.He can be reached at *****

Mike

I toured the Amalfi Coast with Marcello a couple of weeks ago and he is wonderful. Pleased be advised though that he prefers to take his guests to see the traditional Italian Villages and he prefers to stay away from "tourist traps". He is VERY passionate about his work and takes great pride in showing clients his Italy. He also took us to a lovely restaurant for lunch where thy just kept bringing out different plates of food. It was accompanied by red and white wine and lemoncello. We went to Pomeii later in the afternoon where Marcello arranged a private guide for us. When we got to Pompeii there was a nice breeze blowing in off of the ocean. We had a wonderful day. We stared our tour with him at 7:30 am and we were back at the ship at 6:00 pm sharp. It was a long but very memorable day.

Decisions......decisions!

Sounds like it is a win-win situation.

Both sound like true professionals who will provide great memories of the Amalfi coast. From the posts, Francesco sounds a little more informal and

spontaneous which might be nice.

Thanks,

Marty

NAPLES/AMALFI COAST: We privately hired Francesco Marrapese in Naples and he was great! He is 32 (our age range) and fairly new on his own, although he has driven for other companies in the past. We were with him from 7:30am until 5:30pm. He was very nice and informative, and took us all over! We started at the Herculaneum where he dropped us off and we spent about 1.5 hours, and took about 250 photos. It was not crowded at all, and smaller than Pompeii. One of the guards for the property walked us around to explain and point things out for us for a nominal “tip”. Then we drove the Amalfi Coast. First stop was Sorrento, so beautiful, where we just walked around on our own for about 45 minutes. We did some shopping on the side streets. Then off to Positano where again we walked around on our own for 45 minutes. This area is known for Lemons, some the size of a soccer ball. We walked down to the beach and on the way stopped in a beautiful little church. At this point it was about 2pm and time for lunch. Francesco recommended a place and we invited him to join us. This is where he introduced me to my first taste of Limoncello at La Taverna Del Leone in Positano. Although we bought a bottle at a shop in Positano, I had not tasted any yet. We then drove through the town of Amalfi but did not stop. Then off to Ravello where again we walked around on our own for 45 minutes. All along the drive he pointed things out to us and stopped for photos at certain places. The views are just breathtaking. I’ve never seen anything like it. The cliffs just seem to drop into the beautiful blue water. Each view better than the previous. We did not have a lot of time at each place, but trust me, it was enough. I highly recommend Francesco as a private driver. After returning to the ship just about 6pm, we had time to relax and freshen up for the Welcome Aboard Reception before dinner.

NAPLES/AMALFI COAST: We privately hired Francesco Marrapese in Naples and he was great! He is 32 (our age range) and fairly new on his own, although he has driven for other companies in the past. We were with him from 7:30am until 5:30pm. He was very nice and informative, and took us all over!

we are booked with Francesco for 7/16 sailing on Splendour. He seemed to be very good at getting back to us. I told him I wanted to do Pompeii early when it was cooler and he said he would accommodate us. Can't wait

thanks for the great review.

I have read other good things about him from other posts

thanks,

Petra4u

http://www.francescomarrapese.com

We hired Salvatore Lucibello of DriveAmalfi and had the best Tour of our trip with Michel Legrand of Revelation Tours from Villefranche coming a close second.Salvatore is in his early 40's and a native of Amalfi and a true pro.He drives an immaculate new Mercedes van and as been said has a relaxed driving style which you will definately be thankful for.Definately plan to stop at Pompei first thing as I could imagine it gets pretty busy later on in the day and also definately hire a Pompei guide as the site is slightly intimidating and the cost when split betwen the group was nothing.Meeting up gain with Salvatore we visited Ravello which is high up on the mountainside above the Amalfi Coast and pulled in for lunch at a small vilsage called Pontone and had a great inexpensive lunch finished off with Limoncello,Meloncello and any other Cello they had.We had a stop in Amalfi and then a smooth drive along the Amalfi drive coastroad to the cute little town of Positano which has houses clinging ing to near vertical hillside before finishing up in Sorrento where the girls took sometime to indulge in a little overdue retail therapy.

All in all a great day with a great charming guy who knows his job and whose wealth of experience counts for everything.

Salvatore is at *****

Archived