Internet Carnvial Breeze

We will be on the carnival breeze the in 27 days cannot wait. However we might need internet access due to a couple of projects we are currently involved in.

Does this ship have unlimited if not what plans do they have

thank you in advance

Will be good to know, as I have school work due that week:eek:. I plan on getting it done, and submitted the first sea day, so I can enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Here's the info from Carnival's website:

Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All Internet charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” account.

Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until disembarkation and don’t have to be used in a single session. No refund will be provided for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.

• 480 minutes for $159 USD

• 240 minutes for $89 USD

• 120 minutes for $59 USD

• 45 minutes for $29 USD

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

I don't see unlimited and I think this applies to all ships in their fleet.

Take good care of her because I sail on the Breeze right after you (34 days!)

-Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the Breeze------some of the newer ships have a better wifi hookup. All the ships I've been on so far have a VERY slow connection speed. The nearest to it would be dial up. I wouldn't try to send graphics or large files. Try to have everything prepared in advance and once connected copy or send as an attachment. We have always found very inexpensive internet cafes at each port (usually a McDonalds or Starbucks can be found, and for the price of a coffee you'd have unlimited internet). Hope the Breeze is the newer system. Here is a link to a list of free wifi hotspots throughout the world, just scroll past the US---last year I was able to locate free spots when the Spirit brought us to Australia!

FREE WIFI HOTSPOTS

• 1 month later...
I don't know about the Breeze------some of the newer ships have a better wifi hookup. All the ships I've been on so far have a VERY slow connection speed. The nearest to it would be dial up. I wouldn't try to send graphics or large files. Try to have everything prepared in advance and once connected copy or send as an attachment. We have always found very inexpensive internet cafes at each port (usually a McDonalds or Starbucks can be found, and for the price of a coffee you'd have unlimited internet). Hope the Breeze is the newer system. Here is a link to a list of free wifi hotspots throughout the world, just scroll past the US---last year I was able to locate free spots when the Spirit brought us to Australia!

FREE WIFI HOTSPOTS

Thanks for the link :)

Wonder what happened to the unlimited plans with better speeds? I thought during a trial several months ago, perhaps on the Breeze, folks were reporting faster speeds. Not blazing speeds, but dial-up references were not used.

The trial went away. Then thought it was announced to be coming back before our Mar 2013 cruise on the Breeze, which did didn't. I haven't heard anything since then.

If it matters, I prefer to stay disconnected, off the grid, etc. It's truly one of the reasons we take cruises. Any land based cruises and my anal retentiveness kicks in and I start clicking away. :mad: But I do understand some may have the need to stay connected.

Does anyone know the reliability and speed of the ship's wifi? My husband will need to do some work while on board....

Just my experience and your mileage may vary.

Saying it's dialup speed is being generous. IMHO, it's slower than that. It's a little faster if you use the Internet Cafe than if you use wireless. If you need to check email, it's liveable. Downloading/uploading a file is an exercise in frustration. As far as reliability goes, I have had the connection reset on several occasions. I no longer use it.

I'll probably get the 120 minute plan just to be safe as I don't think I'll need that much for downloading a few journal articles from our school library, and then uploading an assignment in Word twice during the cruise.

We will be on the carnival breeze the in 27 days cannot wait. However we might need internet access due to a couple of projects we are currently involved in.

Does this ship have unlimited if not what plans do they have

thank you in advance

The Breeze had tested unlimited Internet up until my January cruise ... Literally until our Cruise. The day we departed was the day the testing phase was over. They never did bring it back after that. The demand was so high that with the amount of people on the ship is was so bogged down and too slow.

The Internet connection is sooooo slow on board. 22 min's to check in on Southwests website. It's faster to just use the Internet connection when in port.

Follow the crew when you get off the ship in port. They will lead you to the best free connection there is.

The main reason I love cruises is that I'm virtually out of touch, its the only way to get away from work. That being said, there are plenty of Internet cafes in the ports so if you need it, ports inthe way to go, not ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived