"Legends" show questions

bangzoom6877

Recently, they specify that there will be NO "Stand up Comics", and NO "Rap" acts allowed. I can certainly see why, but am amazed that they actually ban these two acts. Like I said above, the guy who sat on the steps of the stage and read this "rambling, nonsense" was about the worst thing I'd ever witnessed in the "talent show". Unbelievable! :confused:

"SKY"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1013021_140724852796440_394856952_n.jpg

I have been Britney twice Triumph 2011 & Dream 2013 (tried out 3 times actually), my Twinkie has been Gloria Estefan Conquest 2012, my friend and her husband on the Conquest trip were Ricky Martin & Aretha Franklin, and then she was Aretha again on the Dream 2013 with me and my very own honey was Ricky Martin, and that is the photo above. (me as Britney on the left, my honey of 10yrs as Ricky Martin, friend as Aretha on the right) from Feb/Mar Dream 2013.

In my 3 yrs of try outs, I can tell you that each ship and each entertainment staff have their own way of doing things. One time, it was certain auditions on a certain night. Another time, it was ALL on one night. One time, the guy didn't care enough (it was one of his last cruises he was working, and he was SO over it) to rescore the audience applause (which I later found out was VERY close, but the other girl was so excited and hadnt been Britney and I came dressed as Britney so she was the under dog, so he gave it to her, which was fine, cuz I had been the year before-although I would have liked to have been in the show with Twinkie).

On our last Dream, the entertainment staff was BEYOND hilarious and honestly that Legends auditions may have been one of the funniest nights in the history of anyone who was smart enough to come and watch. You would have HAD to have been there. In this case, the guy had several "sing offs" between top contenders, he even got his iPad out to do the 'noise-o-meter' from the audience. I wasn't going to be Britney for another time, but it turned out that they didn't have one, so it was an automatic win (and a worthy one, I must say) but I wasn't going to beat off a bunch of chicks to do it again.

I would say, having been in the show twice now, the first time is DREADFULLY scary nervous!!! It is quite a production, even though I have been singing in front of audiences for years. The second time, it was SOOO Much more fun! All the nerves were gone! I'm glad I did it the second time, plus I got to be with my friend and my honey.

Everyone thought my blonde pigtails were extensions (til they saw me walking around later still with them). Nope. I happen to have very long blonde locks that I did up myself for the show. I'm quite pleased with the all over effect, including my makeup. Nothing in the photo is fake (with the exception of my honey's 'lightning bolt' and Aretha's wig of course!)

When you win the audition, you get an MP3 player with two versions of the song: one has a singer to follow, one has NO singer. You also get a print out of the lyrics. Remember, future tryers, YOU DO NOT GET TO TAKE THE LYRICS UP THERE WITH YOU. You are pretty much on your own. Even tho Britney is as basic as can be, I would still sit in the lounge whenever we were relaxing with my head phones on going over all my cues and lyrics and thankfully I never fell on stage and never forget any of them, which was my goal. however, the sound was turned up higher on the Dream, so I sounded MUCH better (because I didn't have to overcompensate to sound louder) so all in all, my last Britney was my best one for sure.

Have fun and don't lose the Mp3 player or you are in for $$$!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1013021_140724852796440_394856952_n.jpg

I have been Britney twice Triumph 2011 & Dream 2013 (tried out 3 times actually), my Twinkie has been Gloria Estefan Conquest 2012, my friend and her husband on the Conquest trip were Ricky Martin & Aretha Franklin, and then she was Aretha again on the Dream 2013 with me and my very own honey was Ricky Martin, and that is the photo above. (me as Britney on the left, my honey of 10yrs as Ricky Martin, friend as Aretha on the right) from Feb/Mar Dream 2013.

In my 3 yrs of try outs, I can tell you that each ship and each entertainment staff have their own way of doing things. One time, it was certain auditions on a certain night. Another time, it was ALL on one night. One time, the guy didn't care enough (it was one of his last cruises he was working, and he was SO over it) to rescore the audience applause (which I later found out was VERY close, but the other girl was so excited and hadnt been Britney and I came dressed as Britney so she was the under dog, so he gave it to her, which was fine, cuz I had been the year before-although I would have liked to have been in the show with Twinkie).

On our last Dream, the entertainment staff was BEYOND hilarious and honestly that Legends auditions may have been one of the funniest nights in the history of anyone who was smart enough to come and watch. You would have HAD to have been there. In this case, the guy had several "sing offs" between top contenders, he even got his iPad out to do the 'noise-o-meter' from the audience. I wasn't going to be Britney for another time, but it turned out that they didn't have one, so it was an automatic win (and a worthy one, I must say) but I wasn't going to beat off a bunch of chicks to do it again.

I would say, having been in the show twice now, the first time is DREADFULLY scary nervous!!! It is quite a production, even though I have been singing in front of audiences for years. The second time, it was SOOO Much more fun! All the nerves were gone! I'm glad I did it the second time, plus I got to be with my friend and my honey.

Everyone thought my blonde pigtails were extensions (til they saw me walking around later still with them). Nope. I happen to have very long blonde locks that I did up myself for the show. I'm quite pleased with the all over effect, including my makeup. Nothing in the photo is fake (with the exception of my honey's 'lightning bolt' and Aretha's wig of course!)

When you win the audition, you get an MP3 player with two versions of the song: one has a singer to follow, one has NO singer. You also get a print out of the lyrics. Remember, future tryers, YOU DO NOT GET TO TAKE THE LYRICS UP THERE WITH YOU. You are pretty much on your own. Even tho Britney is as basic as can be, I would still sit in the lounge whenever we were relaxing with my head phones on going over all my cues and lyrics and thankfully I never fell on stage and never forget any of them, which was my goal. however, the sound was turned up higher on the Dream, so I sounded MUCH better (because I didn't have to overcompensate to sound louder) so all in all, my last Britney was my best one for sure.

Have fun and don't lose the Mp3 player or you are in for $$$!

All sounds great! I hope I make it in!!!

Archived