Booking Multiple cabins....

Hi everyone ! First ....hello to all my friends that I have missed.. I can't believe it says I haven't logged on since December !!!

But we are back....and ready to book Cruise #2

Looking at the Magic out of Galveston in October.

My question is this...

Last trip was just myself and my teenage daughter - one balcony cabin, no problem. However, this year we are each looking at bringing a friend.

(and 2 balconies )

I know that each cabin has to have an adult booked in it....

but is it possible to just book BOTH in my name if I am not sure yet WHO the extra adult will be?

I hope I said that clearly...

Thanks !!!

Christine

No, you can't book yourself into two cabins. I would wait until you know who the other adult name is if the kids are not old enough to be in a cabin by themselves. (depends on your daughters age, and if the other child's parents or guardian isnt onboard that child has to have a adult in the cabin, though your child may not require it).

For one thing early saver and some other rates dont allow name changes. For another the other fares you would have to pay to change your name, assuming you could be two places at once. You cant be the adult in two different child's cabins, if that makes sense.

Even if you booked it yourself, I think the system might catch it?

I would call and talk to a booking agent or your PVP. Since your daughter is a teen, you don't have to have an adult in the room with her and her friend, but there are age restrictions on balcony rooms if there is no adult and I'm not sure of the age cut off. Since one of the teens is not your child, there may be additional restrictions. (We couldn't put our 13 year old in with her older sisters in a balcony room, I do know that.) You'll need rooms within a certain distance of one another, I believe within 3 doors or across the hallway. You'll probably want adjoining rooms though so you can open up the dividers between the balconies. Just remember that if you book it now, don't do ES so you can make the change to add someone later without any fees.

I would call and talk to a booking agent or your PVP. Since your daughter is a teen, you don't have to have an adult in the room with her and her friend, but there are age restrictions on balcony rooms if there is no adult and I'm not sure of the age cut off. Since one of the teens is not your child, there may be additional restrictions. (We couldn't put our 13 year old in with her older sisters in a balcony room, I do know that.) You'll need rooms within a certain distance of one another, I believe within 3 doors or across the hallway. You'll probably want adjoining rooms though so you can open up the dividers between the balconies. Just remember that if you book it now, don't do ES so you can make the change to add someone later without any fees.

I need to speak to a PVP for sure.. good call. I booked ES for our first cruise and did it all myself... but this one is more complicated.

Thank you !

Any PVP suggestions ? Anyone?

( someone I can actually reach ! ) ;) I know it's a crapshoot with some...

Archived