Forgot luggage at Whittier, help!

snofy

Just got off the Sun this morning and reached the hotel at Anchorage after spending a long day around Girdwood. Now we realized we've forgotten to pick up one piece of luggage at Whittier. Does anyone have the number to call to ask about the missing luggage? I tried many NCL numbers but all the offices are now close. Want to try the Whittier cruise terminal but can't seem to find the number to call.I'm thinking about driving back to Whittier tomorrow morning but I'm not sure the luggage will still be sitting there at the terminal. Would appreciate if anyone has tips or advice, thanks!

Guest Relations/Lost & Found Post Cruise # for Norwegian

1-866-625-1164 hours are 9 to 5:30 ET

We left a bag sitting in the terminal in New Orleans. Norwegian mailed it to us in Oregon .... think cost was $35 and it only took a few days.

The City of Whittier's web page has a link for the Whittier Small Boat Harbor and phone # of 907-472-2327 Ext 6. They should be able to give you the cruise terminal contact information.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Sun.

Guest Relations/Lost & Found Post Cruise # for Norwegian

1-866-625-1164xEPMsFKs7YmM8bsAMlyf2OwTPszAMZMeayGCpJVAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC hours are 9 to 5:30 ET

We left a bag sitting in the terminal in New Orleans. Norwegian mailed it to us in Oregon .... think cost was $35 and it only took a few days.

The City of Whittier's web page has a link for the Whittier Small Boat Harbor and phone # of 907-472-2327xEPMsFKs7YmM8bsAMlyf2OwTPszAMZMeayGCpJVAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC Ext 6. They should be able to give you the cruise terminal contact information.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Sun.

Thank you so much for your reply. Will definitely call them first thing in the morning tomorrow, hopefully it will cost the same to get it mail back to us :)

Thank you so much for your reply. Will definitely call them first thing in the morning tomorrow, hopefully it will cost the same to get it mail back to us :)

Lol hope so too ... I said mail but I think they sent it UPS.

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to post an update that we did manage to get our bag back in Anchorage but not before a lot of pain. I called the Lost & Found number 3 times and the agent kept on diverting my call to this lady who insisted that she's only in charge of the Jewel and not the Sun. Upon the 3rd call, she was obviously frustrated and told me I gotta stop calling and she would immediately call NCL to ask them not to refer Sun passengers to her anymore. However I did manage to get her to give me her contact at NCL because I really did not want to call 1800 and go thru the same thing again.

The NCL contact gave me 2 numbers to try, both of which went directly to voicemails and I did not get call back from any of them. I tried the Whittier Small Boat Harbor number too and it was the same thing, voicemail and no call back. At that point, we've decided to give up and just go on with our itinerary because we had to leave for Denali the next day.

We were at Denali for 3 days and no one call us back. However, we got a lucky break right before we left Denali. We decided to take some photos at the Denali National Park sign board at the entrance before leaving. And then we saw the Norwegian tour bus! We've seen plenty of Princess and HAL busses around but never any NCL bus. I immediately approached the driver and told him our plight. Henry made 2 calls and gave us a number. He's the first person we spoke to who truly sounded like he knows what to do. We thanked him and got on our way.

I called the number the next morning from Sheraton in Anchorage. The lady I spoke to got our details and told me she would call me back. A few minutes later, she called back and said she would be at the hotel lobby with the bag in 15 minutes time. I couldn't believe it was that simple, after all the agony we've been through. Needless to say, she got a big tip when we met her :)

I just want to post an update that we did manage to get our bag back in Anchorage but not before a lot of pain. I called the Lost & Found number 3 times and the agent kept on diverting my call to this lady who insisted that she's only in charge of the Jewel and not the Sun. Upon the 3rd call, she was obviously frustrated and told me I gotta stop calling and she would immediately call NCL to ask them not to refer Sun passengers to her anymore. However I did manage to get her to give me her contact at NCL because I really did not want to call 1800 and go thru the same thing again.

The NCL contact gave me 2 numbers to try, both of which went directly to voicemails and I did not get call back from any of them. I tried the Whittier Small Boat Harbor number too and it was the same thing, voicemail and no call back. At that point, we've decided to give up and just go on with our itinerary because we had to leave for Denali the next day.

We were at Denali for 3 days and no one call us back. However, we got a lucky break right before we left Denali. We decided to take some photos at the Denali National Park sign board at the entrance before leaving. And then we saw the Norwegian tour bus! We've seen plenty of Princess and HAL busses around but never any NCL bus. I immediately approached the driver and told him our plight. Henry made 2 calls and gave us a number. He's the first person we spoke to who truly sounded like he knows what to do. We thanked him and got on our way.

I called the number the next morning from Sheraton in Anchorage. The lady I spoke to got our details and told me she would call me back. A few minutes later, she called back and said she would be at the hotel lobby with the bag in 15 minutes time. I couldn't believe it was that simple, after all the agony we've been through. Needless to say, she got a big tip when we met her :)

Congratulations, it's always nice when a story has a happy ending.

:)

wasiii

Sent through the air with the greatest of ease from my Galaxy Nexus.

Glad everything worked for the best :)

Thank you for giving us "the rest of the story". I can't believe all that you went through for something that should have been simple. I'm glad that it finally turned out well for you.

Glad things worked out for you in the end. I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been with all the run-around.

I'm cruising on the Sun in just under 3 weeks. How was it? What did you like best? What was best to avoid? I would love to hear your story. As a first-time cruiser, I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Glad this ultimately worked out, but...

Dear NCL - Please stop making it SO difficult for your passengers to get things like this done. One phone number should lead to a rep that knows how to get this taken care of. How could a bus driver know and not a customer service rep? Get it together

Glad things worked out for you in the end. I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been with all the run-around.

I'm cruising on the Sun in just under 3 weeks. How was it? What did you like best? What was best to avoid? I would love to hear your story. As a first-time cruiser, I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks in advance,

Ann

I'm not the original poster but did do the Sun northbound itinerary in June. It was a wonderful cruise and the Sun is one of my very favorite ships.

If you go to the Ports of Call Board for Alaska you will find a thread for Alaska cruise reviews for 2013. Someone was kind enough to organize them by cruise line and by ship. There are three photo reviews (mine included) for the Sun. There should be 4 because deladypilot also did a very nice Sun photo review. I'd post links but am not sure how to do it from my iPad.

I just want to post an update that we did manage to get our bag back in Anchorage but not before a lot of pain. (Close quote)

To save board room just quoted your first sentence. I'm so glad you got your suitcase back although it sounds like it was a giant hassle. I am so glad I left my suitcase at the Port of New Orleans rather than Whittier because Norwegian handled mine quickly and easily. Lol I guess good news for you was no shipping cost.

I have no idea where the thumbs down came from and can't get rid of it. Sorry.

Archived