Greek Reatreats - 5 night cruise

Hi everyone

Has anyone any thoughts on the Greek Retreats leaving 1 Nov. Im not sure about a 5 night cruise or going 1 November. It will be the last day of the school half term so am thinking that shops etc will still be open in the port of call. Also thinking that the weather will be warm enough for t-shirts and cardigans.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Bobbys Nan

Yes I've booked this one as a surprise for hubby's birthday on 31 October.

Greece can be a bit unpredictable from November onwards so no package holidays go there after the end of October.

But the bar owner we know in Rhodes Town told us that November is usually good weather- so we are going! Very few cruises stop at Rhodes Town and we want to see our favourite bar owner again, so I booked it.

Cyprus is hot in November so I'm quite optimistic.

Flopsy:rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

good luck with the surprise flops (thumbup):cool:

my surprise went well.....it was worth all that planning, stress and hiding of the tickets (which i had to search the four corners of the house for on the morning we left):o

towards the end ms magot didn’t want to know what our destination was and was actually enjoying going along with it....she loved it....we both did

"Yes I've booked this one as a surprise for hubby's birthday on 31 October."

Presumably he doesn't hang out on this forum then !!! :)

I dunno!:rolleyes:

Well if he does he's not letting on!

Flopsy

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've told him he's going now.The secret is out.Now he's worried about leaving the house in winter!:rolleyes: Give me strength!

The price is still going down down down- but the price of the drinks package is going up up up! So swings & roundabouts!

Flopsy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Willow

Well done for booking this cruise- there are a few of us now!

Is it worth paying for an excursion? Well it depends what you want to see.

When the ship docks at Rhodes Town you can easily walk into the Old Town which is fascinating, and along the waterfront where the boat trips leave from.But if you want to go to Lindos just down the coast there are local buses we have used when we stayed in Rhodes Town, but we didn't have any time constraints then.At least if you are on a Thomson excursion and it is late back the ship will wait for you.

I don't know much about Mykonos or the Turkish port.But from memory I think there is a port shuttle bus at Mykonos that takes you into the town if you don't want to go further afield.

Flopsy

Edited by Flopsy

:) im all booked to go on the 1st november , just thinking about doing the day trip but still unsure as £30 each seems a bit steep for a few hours out , just wanted to know if u can catch a local bus anywhere

If you mean Rhodes town, there is a hop on hop off in the port, i think it was 14 euro each, takes you everywhere around town.

Some nice restaurants just over the road as well, i can't remember the exact name, but it was .....something square.

• 1 month later...
Ticking the days off on the calendar now....

Anybody else coming- it's really cheap price now!

Flopsy

Just done rhodes town alanya and Limassol all within easy walking distance from port. You do not need a bus it's a ten min walk at the mose enjoy

We did Mykonos and Rhodes in August on the Celebration. There is a shuttle bus into Mykonos and it is well worth a visit it is lovely. We walked into Rhodes Town and spent a couple of hours there.

Edited by Sharon Kane

Booked this at the Nec Cruise show . First time with Thomsons and first fly cruise.

Hi Chesh

I'm really pleased to hear that you have booked your first cruise with Thomson.I hope you won't be disappointed after the glitz of newer ships but we love Thomson for the friendliness of the crew, and fellow passengers!

I see you are from Burton- my family all come from there! I still have many relatives in Burton and love the place.

Are you flying from East Midlands like us?

Flopsy

Flopsy.

I see you are on two threads . Yes we are flying from East Midlands. We are from the Swadlincote /Newhall Area so you probably know where we mean.

Going with a view to enjoy the Cruise , good company and hopefully Good Weather .

Hopefully the first of Many Cruises with Thomson . Keep hearing good things and have joined the Majesty Group and Thomson Group on FB to keep up to speed with the ships and Cruises.

Oh yes I know Swadlincote area- my niece lives there and works at Morrisons! Most of my family are up Horninglow.

Yes start packing!

Oh what to pack? I always end up having to take out so much when I've weighed it lol!

I'm still shopping....:rolleyes:

Flopsy

Edited by Flopsy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CheshNot long now!I see this cruise, Greek Retreats, from East Mid is reduced to £389 in Sunday paper now!If you want to say hello to us at the airport, or on board the ship, I will be wearing a big red flower attached to a black top!Flopsy

Hi CheshNot long now!I see this cruise, Greek Retreats, from East Mid is reduced to £389 in Sunday paper now!If you want to say hello to us at the airport, or on board the ship, I will be wearing a big red flower attached to a black top!Flopsy

Hi Flopsy, Well it took me 7 days to find you on the Spirit in 2011 :o:D

Hi Flopsy, Well it took me 7 days to find you on the Spirit in 2011 :o:D

Me too! :D

I think we were on a half-day excursion on the last day when we ended up on the same coach and there it was!!! The red flower I'd been looking for all week! :D:D

Was that the year Celebration was sailing from Corfu when they had all the trouble with the unions Flopsy?

Me too! :D

I think we were on a half-day excursion on the last day when we ended up on the same coach and there it was!!! The red flower I'd been looking for all week! :D:D

Was that the year Celebration was sailing from Corfu when they had all the trouble with the unions Flopsy?

No it was on the Spirit that I met Flopsy, and we met up again at the airport :)