Sapphire Room Help

seattlecruisers

Hoping you all can help me with room choice. I'm planning a cruise for my folks -- last minute to Alaska on 8/28 so there aren't many rooms to choose from.

Help me decide between A742, A317, A617, A308. Also, I see that D740 continues to be available. Is something wrong with this cabin? I'm a Aft Cabin fan on other cruise lines and am surprised that this continues to be available so wonder if there is something about it I should know. If it's a good one, I will pick that cabin.

My folks are healthy mid-70s so placement near the elevators is somewhat important but not essential. Is Aloha deck an OK deck? What are the balconies like on this deck? Most of the cabins on Caribe and Dolphin are taken but are those better decks in general?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

I would MUCH prefer a balcony on Aloha on any itinerary esp. Alaska! Dolphin deck balconies are exposed and Caribe partially.. if you have some inclement weather and it's not too windy you can still enjoy balcony on Aloha and not get drenched.. IMHO only the regular "balcony cabins" have plenty of storage, room etc. for two people..Had an exposed balcony once, and never again.. it was an upgrade at the pier so really had no option..

Just got back from Sapphire cruise. We had a balcony on Caribe. The balcony was huge, had a table, 2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs - the only drawback was that the front half can be viewed from those above on L and A. The room itself was small from what I've experienced on HAL and Carn. The balconies on the decks above us including Aloha are half the size as ours but they are more private (no one can look down on you). Concerning your parents age: I would definately book near an elevator as the halls are really about a mile long!!! We sure walked off all that food! Another thing to keep in mind if they are prone to seasickness is that the higher up you go the more rocking and rolling you feel. The two sea days leaving and returning, the Sapphire is on the open ocean - we had 12 foot seas the first day and felt alittle woozy.

Archived