Thomson reply -Dream luggage/NV query

Sorry accidentally started this thread in Roll Calls:o

I am concerned re flight operator changes affecting baggage allowance and the continual NV reports from the Dream so I emailed Thomson and the reply is below - although no answer to pre-purchased extra luggage. It relates to the Edinburgh-Palma flight in August. Here is reply I received today, which should be of interest to all of us due on the dream soon.:)

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting Thomson Cruise.

We can confirm that your flight from Edinburgh is a Thomson flight and you can take up to 7kgs of hand luggage.

We did have a small number of cases of sickness on the Thomson Dream.

All possible steps were immediately taken to contain the virus, treat those affected and minimise the disruption to customers on board, the majority of whom remained unaffected.

The ultimate priority for Thomson is the health, safety and comfort of all our customers. We operate stringent health and hygiene procedures in line with industry standards.

We do not currently have any reported sickness onboard.

We trust this clarifies your query.

Kind Regards

Liam

I am going to print it and take it to Airport with me along with every other document I have relating to the booking (do that as a matter of course anyway)

Hi 790294

"We can confirm that your flight from Edinburgh is a Thomson flight and you can take up to 7kgs of hand luggage."

Funnily enough we were told the same prior to our flight from Edinburgh in May that we`d be on a Thomson flight but it was a Sunwing aircraft on the runway.Thankfully it did not affect our luggage allowance

Thanks Jim,I recall you were happy enough with Sunwing so that's fair enough I was more concerned with our prepaid extra luggage and the 7kg hand luggage.

I think the Thomson lad is slavering and has probably checked and saw a TOM flight number:confused: as I don't expect them to change carriers mid season. We did Red Sea cruise last November from Edinburgh and it was a Thomson flight but the summer season travellers to Sharm El Sheik from Edinburgh had Air Cairo or something! As long as luggage allowance is accepted and flights on time or within an hour I will be happy enough:)

Put an identical post on FB Thomson Group and got this reply:

Hi guys. The aircraft used in Edinburgh is currently a Sunwing Airlines aircraft (which is TUI Canada) that Thomson use in the summer season but it is operated by Thomson British employees. I believe Belfast, Dublin and Leeds Bradford are also the same.

Was it Thomson staff on your flight Jim?

Archived