Adriatic cruise excurtions

hi,

we came back from this cruise on 24th may, 13, it was fantastic itinerary, lovely port of call, we did it all diy, and we were two ladies on our own, didnt feel intimidated at all.

if you go on my thread "just returned back from adriatic cruise" by greek lover, i have done a detailed itinerary of each port and how we got to the resort.

if you go on excursions, you are tied to time, but doing it on your own, you can go back whatever time you want. we used to go back to cabin for snooze before evening meal and entertainment, so we would be awake late at night.

We had terrible weather so were glad we didnt book any excursions, because we got soaked every day.

Hope you have lovely time, it is a fantastic cruise, and i have got the cruise bug now, the majesty is lovely ship, dont listen to negative reviews, we loved it, food and entertainment was brilliant, cabin bit small but only in it for sleep and shower.

Hi

We are doing this itinerary soon and the only shorex we may take is the highlights of Montenegro from Kotor. It was highly recommended on a thread here a couple of weeks ago.

The rest of the ports we will DIY, they alll look like nice old towns that are worth just having a look around and we will not be travelling too far.

I keep linking to this, but they are really good guides.

http://www.tomsportguides.com/ (hurrah CC have not blocked it this time:D)

He has guides for Venice and Dubrovnik on there.

• 3 weeks later...

We book transits in Koper and Venice.

In Koper, we took a Thomson's coach to the fabulous beach at Portoroz. In Venice, a full commentary ferry in to near Piazza San Marco.

Other than that, we use taxi, bus or foot.

We weren't interested in guided cultural tours. We were happy to do our own sightseeing and lunches.

We came back from this cruise a couple of weeks ago.

In Koper, I would happily recommend a visit to Krka Waterfalls National Park, truly stunning. My wife is a big fan of booking with local tour operators, however on this occasion the Thomson tour was £3.00 per person more and a flawless experience.

In Sibenik, I would strongly recommend a visit to the capital Ljubljana, a stunning, clean city, full of interesting history of the Country and beautiful cafes and not expensive.

Every stop is stunning with lovely local people and it is not expensive.

Koper has a lovely walled town which is a ten minute walk from the ship, Koper is also the southern most Fjord and the sail in and out is stunning.

Have a great cruise.

Mike

Think you mean Kotor not Koper CSMJFMBE - apart from the obvious ie Venice & Dubrovnik we thought Kotor to be the best place vistited.

We did the Krka National Park from Sibenik - a lovely day.

Archived