Narrowing down hotel choice in NOLA-want your opinion

marshhawk

Many thanks to you residents of the Louisiana in giving us honest responses to hotel choices. Right now for the price and the location, we have come up with the Staybridge on Tchoupitouilli (I probably spelled that incorrectly) Close enogh to everything. What can you tell me about it, and what have you heard about it? I am going to book it tonight, and we also decided to stay two nights, come in late the first night and then have a full day in New Orleans. I have never been, so I figure, I should see more than two hours of your city.:)

I cannot comment about the hotel itself, but the location is good. You may want to use trip adviser for information about the hotel itself. It's probably a very standard, basic hotel. Location is the biggest issue in New Orleans. I would prefer basic but within walking distance of the French quarter. Though, at night I would probably take a taxi back to the hotel.

Thank you, by taking the hotel out of the French Quarter, the price really went down. But it was close enough to be able to able to walk there if we wanted to. We dont come in until late on Saturday night, I am hoping that there will be taxis?

If you cannot find a taxi along the street, you can ask the restaurant to call one for one or add the phone numbers for taxi companies to your phone. You may have to call for one. The wait for one can be anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes.

For our family, we get a taxi depending on the area. For example, if we go to the theater on Basin, close to Rampart Street, we will park at the theater then walk to into the French quarter for dinner. This is during daylight hours. After dinner, if it is dark, we will take a taxi back to the theater. Don't be shy about asking locals or business owners about the area and best route to take back to the hotel if you were concerned after dark or late at night.

Now that I am a senior citizen it just seems silly to be scared all the time of the unknown, but I still am, of course we are doing Megabus to get to NOLA, we are going on a new ship (for us) we are going places and ports we have never been, this is turning into quite the adventure.:)

Archived