Snorkel Options with kids Belize

texasmomoftwo

Mom and two kids (ages 8, 14) have snorkeled before. Looking for options. I am leaning towards booking with Carnival Cruise, as I feel safer with the kids. Trying to decide between:

Barrier Reef Snorkel with Beach Break,

Shark, Rays, and Island Getaway

Sergeants Cay Snorkel Adventure

Snorkeling Wonders of Barrier Reef.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

If you're looking only at cruise line excursions, try to google and research each place that is being selected for stops, so that the kids have other things to do than just snorkel. I don't think that cruise line excursions in and of themselves are any safer than private vendors, just better positioned to ensure you'll be back at the ship before it sails. Many pick you up right at the ship without having to transit to the tender pier, thus more time on excursion. But cruise line excursions can be very crowded and the guides can't physically keep an eye on everyone.

I think Barrier Reef Beach break uses Bannister or Goeff's Cay. I know the Shark-Ray Alley via Coral breeze is a great excursion and stops at Caye Caulker for the island break. Nurse sharks and rays in abundance. Sergeants' Cay is a mere spit of sand with absolutely nothing on it except what the boat brings over. No facilities at all.

Which ever one you do chose, jsut relax and go with th eflow and enjoy yourselves.:)

• 2 weeks later...
If you're looking only at cruise line excursions, try to google and research each place that is being selected for stops, so that the kids have other things to do than just snorkel. I don't think that cruise line excursions in and of themselves are any safer than private vendors, just better positioned to ensure you'll be back at the ship before it sails. Many pick you up right at the ship without having to transit to the tender pier, thus more time on excursion. But cruise line excursions can be very crowded and the guides can't physically keep an eye on everyone.

I think Barrier Reef Beach break uses Bannister or Goeff's Cay. I know the Shark-Ray Alley via Coral breeze is a great excursion and stops at Caye Caulker for the island break. Nurse sharks and rays in abundance. Sergeants' Cay is a mere spit of sand with absolutely nothing on it except what the boat brings over. No facilities at all.

Which ever one you do chose, jsut relax and go with th eflow and enjoy yourselves.:)

Thanks crewsweeper. I was worried about the Caye Caulker. But sounds like it is a good choice. I appreciate it.

Archived