Reclining umbrella stroller?

giselleacttwo

I'm in the market for a decent umbrella stroller that reclines at least somewhat. Maclaren would be lovely but is simply not in the budget. I've got one of the standard no-frills Cosco umbrella strollers already, but of course it doesn't recline. Any ideas? :confused:

We went to Buy Buy Baby today looking for a cheapo 2nd umbrella stroller, but ended up buying the Summer Infant 3D Lite instead. It retails for $79.99

http://www.summerinfant.com/gear-and-travel/strollers/3d-lite-convenience-stroller

I already have a Uppababy G-Luxe ($189), and I gotta tell you, I think I actually like this 3D Lite better! It is as lightweight as the G-Luxe, but it has a bigger basket and an easier recline. I also find it a lot easier to close and carry than the G-Luxe.

Use one of their 20% coupons to get it even cheaper :)

Check out the First Years Ignite Stroller. It's a great umbrella stroller and better made than most. It also has a cup holder and small zipper pouch, small basket underneath and it reclines but not completely. Oh and it has a shade and its not short like some umbrella strollers. Overall pretty good. We love it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Ignite-Stroller/dp/B002WB2GAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1372688581&sr=8-3&keywords=umbrella+stroller

Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll start stalking Amazon/CL to see if I can find one of them. I should have mentioned I'm really far from any stroller retailers and even farther from a baby gear store. So online or used are my best options.

We purchased the Chicco Liteway just for travel. It reclines all the way back so that our daughter can lie completely flat. Another neat feature is that the under basket snaps off and can turn in to a backpack. Very useful for traveling.

Look for a used Britax Blink on ebay/craiglist- they are the same thing as the Britax B-nimble. It has a full recline as well as a footrest that comes up so their legs aren't hanging down, and a great shade. Its also very sturdy and tall (NOT a cheap umbrella stroller by any means) but still folds up compactly and comes with a shoulder strap. The B-Nimbles aren't bad pricewise either, $89 on amazon.

if you are budgeting this might not help.. but my husband and I recently splurged on the Uppa baby G-Luxe. It retails for $219. We love it, and so does my 15 month old. it reclines very very well so he is almost lying flat.. it is SO cushy that he feels like he is sitting on a cloud. It has a UV sun shade. It weighs 11 pounds and folds up nice and tight and stands upright on its own when folded.

It was a splurge for sure, but we love it and will be using it in December on our cruise. We are glad we bit the bullet and bought it.

I have the Britax Blink, but recently got a second lightweight and went with the FirstYears Ignite. The Blink wasn't bad and I loved it for the full recline when my baby was really young, but it was getting a bit worse for wear and had a couple of things break. I replaced it with the Ignite and I have to say I MUCH prefer it. Highly recommend it! I love the easy fold and mom pouch/collapsible cup holder and it steers a whole lot better than the blink.

I was able to get a Chicco Liteway from craigslist for less than half what it retails. Its a great stroller with a full recline. If on a budget craigslist can really come in handy and Im sure you can find several of these suggested strollers on there for a bargain.

My kids are now 6 and 9, but the best investment I made in strollers (yes, plural) were Chicco strollers. They recline, have a basket underneath, a pouch on canopy for holding items, lightweight, durable, fold up fairly compact (umbrella fold). My 6'3" husband could stand straight pushing the stroller and not have to get on his knees to push kiddos in. I'm only 5'2" so it didn't matter to me, but he appreciated that these were a taller umbrella stroller. My kids both weigh around 50lbs and can still fit in these strollers comfortably. Not the best of design for infants, but can be done. Son used his since he was six days old. Durability is important - The wheels won't fall off the first rock you go over, unlike cheaper umbrella strollers. They take little room in vans and easy to use in airports/planes.

I have a Graco quattro tour that I use at home but for travel I use this

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319180

this was our old one before it ripped

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Trendsport-Lite-Stroller/dp/B0035LSHQ0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_1

Both have 1 recline setting and I had no major issues with either.

Archived