Palma airport/transfares

hi going to my first cruise on the 13th but don't know what to do when we land at Palma. Do we get our bags in the airport? How to we find our bus? Will it be different as Thomson chartered us to Jetairfly (who I've never heard of)?

Thanks for the help in advance.

You get of the plane, through customs and then the long walk to baggage reclaim.

After you get the cases exit the airport and look for the Thomson rep who will direct you to your coach.

They should explain this on the plane.

hi going to my first cruise on the 13th but don't know what to do when we land at Palma. Do we get our bags in the airport? How to we find our bus? Will it be different as Thomson chartered us to Jetairfly (who I've never heard of)?

When you land in palma as normal get your baggage at reclaim then look for Thomson rep they will have cruises well displayed they will tell you coach number . You go to cruise terminal you will check-in they will then give you

Envelope with your stickers with cabin nos on it you will find your cases on

Put the stickers on cases they get taken away by staff and after a while will land outside your room.. Also inside you're envelope you will find your boarding cards which was processed at check-in with your photograph and credit card details and also used as boarding card ALWAYS keep them with you you won't be able to get back on ship without them .Once you board ship a steward will show you where your room is and if you have any questions he will be more than happy to help . After that time to start your holiday have a good time. Keith&catherine.

It is always made so easy. They have this part of a cruise down to a fine art. Have a fantastic time. Best of all the transfer is short. No other hotel drop offs on route. You will be sunbathing within the hour. Remember to pack in your hand luggage something to change into just in case your case is not in your cabin straight away.

when you get off your plane you pick your bags up from the carousel, as you do for any holiday, there will be various Thomson staff at the airport who will tell you where to find the bus. If your hand luggage is a small trolley case, it will be confiscated by the bus driver who will insist on putting it in the luggage compartment of the coach, so if you want to keep your cabin baggage with you I would suggest a bag of some sort, and make sure it is clearly labelled just in case. Lost my trolley case on first cruise because it was taken off me by bus driver.

When we arrived at Palma and on collecting our luggage etc we`d more chance of finding Lord Lucan than a Thomson rep.
Sounds like us on Friday, Jim. No reps on the coach, not even one getting on and telling you which desks to use! Then, when we had found that out and had checked in, no signs telling you which way to go to security and then after security, no signs telling you how to get to the boarding gates. Asked someone behind a desk (not Thomson!) and he just waved his hand and said "Up escalator!" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When we arrived at Palma and on collecting our luggage etc we`d more chance of finding Lord Lucan than a Thomson rep.

I've never been much impressed by the "find your coach" procedures on arrival at the airport.

Why can't they tell you in advance which coach number to look for - even print it on the booking paperwork ?

They bus clients to the same hotels, in the same resorts, week after week, month after month, from one year to the next - so they clearly have well used standard routes that could easily be identified just like your local UK bus company.

It so obvious and straightforward - must be a reason they don't employ this system ?

oh dear, we ar egoing in a couple of weeks, plus we have got wheelchair assistance.

Please let us know how the airport assistance goes. We have it booked for September. We are hoping it works smoothly.

Archived